Mesa Ridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the RV Forum Gmctruck15.
Your description is a little vague. A quick Google search brought up a few different 29RL TT's

However in general most TT's are entry level into the Camper world. They make them as cheap as they can and as fast as they can get them out the door.
That said....
Even a "Good Brand" can let a few problems slip out the door. Check it carefully and don't give them any money until all issues are resolved.

We bought our TT used and found a few things that I ended up fixing myself.

A quick Google does not show a 2020 Mesa Ridge 29rl. Gizmo100 has good advise. I'll just start the conversation about the more important topic... can your truck handle the trailer? See many newbies that spend a lot of money over mistakes. If you have a 1/2 ton, I don't care what any brochure says, I highly doubt you can pull that much trailer and we need more info. If you have 3/4 ton or more, my apologies for assuming you had a 1/2 ton.

Don't believe everything that you read on forums as travel trailers are built in every thing from the very cheapest to the highest prices such as Bowlus and Living Well that cost $100k+. While it is true that the lowest priced RVs are travel trailers, they also can be some of the highest so do not allow anyone to put all of them into the same classification. The current new Mesa Ridge lists an MSRP of $38k to $50k and 21' to 34' in length. I would not consider these to be entry level, although I suppose that some might. I have never owned any of the Highland Ridge RVs but we do know several who have and who were satisfied. I did a search for reviews and what I found ranged from 3 to 4.5 stars on a 5 star scale.

Hopefully you will find someone who has actual experience with one of them as I have only seen the Mesa Ridge at RV shows.

In terms of its target market, it's mid range, neither the cheapest nor top-line. Highland Ridge has a decent reputation as a manufacturer, but has its share of goofs and shortcomings too. Quality of design and quality of construction are not hallmarks of the RV industry. They design to a price point and take whatever shortcuts are needed to get there. The build quality of Individual units is inconsistent and can vary widely, so hard to know if you are getting a lemon or a beauty. The bottom line is to inspect it carefully, even if it has never been used.

Hi. I know I'm really late to the party, but I own a 2018 Mesa Ridge 2910RL.

We're very happy with the trailer, but we have had our moments. If you've already made the move on the unit, here are a couple things to watch:

1. I'm really anal about maintenance, however I did find a hidden area that I missed which resulted in a $6,000 replacement of the passenger side slide floor. If you check on the outside where the slide sidewalls meet the floor, there is a small piece of metal trim on both the front and back of the slide. After I noticed some soft spots in the slide floor, I removed the trim only to find that there was an insufficient seal between the metal trim and the side of the slide. This caused the trim to channel the water directly into the slide floor. If you catch it before there's any damage, the repair will only cost you a few dollars - a second layer of butyl tape between the metal trim and the slide will seal up the screws nicely and prevent the problem I had.

2. I ran the trailer up over a curb (drivers side) and found that it caused the cable carrying power to the rear motor on the driver side slide to break loose from the slide floor (it was held on by zip ties only). The cable was riding on the tires as I was driving and they stripped all the insulation from the cable and the inner wires. The result was a shorted out slide motor and the need to replace the cable. I got the motor from Amazon and ordered a new cable and some metal clamps. It took about 90 minutes to replace the cable, motor, and secure everything away from the tires with metal clamps.

3. Driving on I-95 from Jacksonville to Savannah, I had one of the original Chinese tires blow which destroyed the tire and wheel skirt. I replaced the wheel skirt in about 15 minutes - it cost more to ship it to me than to buy it (less than $100 total). I replaced all of the tires with Goodyear Endurance tires and added a tire pressure monitoring system. I haven't had an issue since.

I know these things sound major, but I've written them all off to the joys of RVing. The only one that wasn't at least partially my fault was the leak I described in #1. We really love our 2910RL. We've spent over 500 nights in it since it was purchased early in 2018. We usually spend at least 90 nights every summer. We've taken in from Florida to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan three times. Last summer we traveled over 7000 miles with it. We use it at least two weekends every month. We're always looking at new trailers and 5'ers, but still haven't found a single reason to switch from our 2910RL. It's perfect for me, my wife, Golden Retriever, and Dachshund.

Happy and Safe Travels!

A quick Google does not show a 2020 Mesa Ridge 29rl. Gizmo100 has good advise. I'll just start the conversation about the more important topic... can your truck handle the trailer? See many newbies that spend a lot of money over mistakes. If you have a 1/2 ton, I don't care what any brochure says, I highly doubt you can pull that much trailer and we need more info. If you have 3/4 ton or more, my apologies for assuming you had a 1/2 ton.
Yes we have a 3/4 ton siera

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom