Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

palmman

Gday all this is my third year of coming over here from Australia and at the moment i am in Florida having a great time but will be going home in 2 weeks and am considering going to Mexico in dec13 jan feb 14 and would like to get some feedback from the forum as to the sensability of this as I received great advice which I took when initially buying my RV thanks in anticipation

Mexico is a large country... kinda depends on where you go... just like the US...  The press on the carnage in Mx is down but there are still problems in some areas.  Probably wise to do your home work...  Have you been there before?

No I havent been there before but it is were I have wonted to go for a while but the wife didnt and just before we came
over this year she decided after 20 years she didnt wont to be with me so this trip has been solo and I have had a good time
so I am thinking of not only Mexico but south America for my next trip so any advice will be VERY much appreciated

palmman said:
No I havent been there before but it is were I have wonted to go for a while but the wife didnt and just before we came
over this year she decided after 20 years she didnt wont to be with me so this trip has been solo and I have had a good time
so I am thinking of not only Mexico but south America for my next trip so any advice will be VERY much appreciated

To be blunt about it, this forum is not the place for the information you seek, IMHO.  Use google to find the forums that discuss travel in Mx in an RV... there are many of them.  Some focus on a particular area which can be really helpful.  Some focus on arranging travel with a group of RV's which can be a plus.  Further south, it becomes even more important to study the area via the web first.

We have been to San Carlos... due south of Nogales on a major highway.  Once there we drove the jeep to Alamos and back to San Carlos.  Another time we went to Barranca de Cobre (Copper Canyon) on motorcycles.  Yet another time we went to La Paz (tip of Baja) on motorcycles.  Maybe we've been lucky but each trip has been great... absolutely no problems.  There are even GPS maps for most parts of Mx that you can download or buy before going.  Get a phone after you get into Mx or a SIM card for your phone.  Get your insurance before you leave... A voltage regulator is a must... many RV parks, actually all we used, have voltage issues...  very few have 50 amps.  Be careful with water, especially drinking water.  No guns, No ammo, No drugs.  There are military checkpoints frequently.  Don't drive at night under any circumstances.  Bone up on your Spanish, you'll need it.  BTW, Have some great trips!!!  You will not be the only visitor in a RV.

PS: The diesel fuel is not the same as in the US... fuel costs are reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom