Miami Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

I may have to go to Miami on business for a while and need a safe and secure campground as close to Miami International Airport as possible. Any suggestions from someone familiar with the area?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

larry and penny thompson campground is a city campground, around 20 miles from the airport.

we've stayed there twice - their rates are very good at $25/night (weekly/monthly discounts)

go to www.google.com/maps and cut/paste the following :-

12451 SW 184th St, Miami, FL 33177 (Larry & Penny Thompson Cmpgrnd) @25.597174,-80.394054

If you get one of their "pods" by the office you can also pick up wifi at $3/night

They have nightly security paid by the city.

Regards
Paul

Directions from CG to airport :-

12451 SW 184th St, Miami, FL 33177

Drive: 20.3 mi (about 26 mins) 

1. Head east on SW 184th St/Eureka Dr toward SW 124th Ave 1.2 mi
3 mins

2. Turn left to merge onto Florida's Tpke N/SR-821 N 3.3 mi
4 mins

3. Continue on SR-874 N 7.3 mi
8 mins

4. Merge onto SR-826 N 3.5 mi
4 mins

5. Merge onto SR-836 E via the SR-836 W/SR-836 E exit to Airport 3.5 mi
4 mins

6. Merge onto NW 42nd Ave/N le Jeune Rd via the SR-953 N/Le Jeune Rd exit to Airport 1.0 mi
2 mins

7. Take the exit to Miami International Airport 0.2 mi

8. Slight right at NW 21st St 0.2 mi

To: MIA - Miami Intl Airport

I may have to go to Miami on business for a while and need a safe and secure campground as close to Miami International Airport as possible.
There may not be any such place.  :mad:  And if there is, finding one with an available site during the winter season is equally unlikely.

Seriously, I know of no campgrounds that one could say are "close" to Miami International and doubt if they would be very safe if they were. The Miami Everglades Campground is perhaps the closest, but I've never been there and know nothing about it. Miami Everglades Campground

Some of the Dade and Broward County parks have campgrounds - you might Google the county park systems for info. There are decent campgrounds south of the airport around Florida City, but that's not real close.  And the drive  can be hectic in rush hour traffic.

Larry and Penny came up the closest on my mapping software and I was hoping someone knew of a place closer, maybe like one of those marinas on the river. 20 miles in Miami can take an hour or more during rush hour and rush hour is 22 hours a day there.

Back
Top Bottom