Micro Minnie water problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave Wilson

I recently purchased a 2018 Winnebago Micro Minnie Model 1808 from a private party. Getting it ready for spring 1 hooked it up to a hose to city water and turned on the water. I went inside and turned on the the hot and cold water in both sinks shower and toilet to clear the antifreeze. Then I turned off the water heater bypass. I heard water running some place. I looked under the trailer and found that the drain was open. I closed that and walked around the trailer and found water running out of the gravity fill. I thought the city water and the on board fresh water supply were isolated. I guess not. Some how city water is getting into the on board water system and I can't figure it out. Thanks for any help you can give me. Dave

Welcome to the forum.
Many of the RV’ s today have the option of filling the tank either by the gravity fill or by opening up one valve when hooked up to city water. You may have opened that valve by mistake.

Do you have a separate area (a cap with a filler neck running into the unit) to fill your fresh water tank? If not, there's a selector valve someplace. Just gotta find it.

Do you have a separate area (a cap with a filler neck running into the unit) to fill your fresh water tank? If not, there's a selector valve someplace. Just gotta find it.
Scott, he said that he had water coming out of the gravity fill.

Ah yes you certainly did say that! 🤦‍♂️

I'm sticking with there being a selector valve someplace. They can be in odd places... under entry steps, under the bed, behind access panels in various places. Check around wherever the water pump is located.

Last edited:
The valve on mine is right next to the water pump. Some rigs have that valve in the "wet bay" where all the shore power connections and tank drain controls are.

Scotty is on-track with the probable situation. Winnebago uses a three way valve that will switch the Water hose inlet from Tank Fill to City Water. I've had to replace this three way valve before.

What's most likely happening is even though you have that valve in the City Water position instead of Tank Fill, you are filling the tank and it's overflowing through the gravity fill.

I thought the city water and the on board fresh water supply were isolated. I guess not. Some how city water is getting into the on board water system and I can't figure it out.
Attempting to clarify a bit...

There is one fresh water system throughout the RV, but it has two inlets (water sources).
  1. The "city" hose inlet
  2. The onboard fresh tank and pump
Both feed into the same water pipes and can be active (turned on) at the same time if you like. Built-in check valves prevent the water from the city inlet from going thru the pump to the tank, and the pumped water from getting out thru the city inlet. However, many RVs have a manual valve that allows the incoming city water to divert around the pump to fill the fresh tank. If that valve is open (sometimes labeled the FILL position), water flows into the tank as long as there water coming in the city inlet. The valve should be closed (sometimes labeled USE) unless you wish to add water to the tank.

The fresh tank has a vent & overflow and may also have a gravity filler port. If the tank gets overfilled, water will squirt out of any of those openings.

What's most likely happening is even though you have that valve in the City Water position instead of Tank Fill, you are filling the tank and it's overflowing through the gravity fill.
Every spring my selector valve appears to dry out over the winter. It will slowly leak over from city water, fill the tank, then overflows after a few hours. I've learned after the valve first gets wet turning it off and on several times will seal it up until the next spring.

I had my hose hooked directly to the camper. I unhooked the hose and put on a water regulater and hooked it back up to the trailer. Problem solved. Maybe it was just too much pressure,
Any way thank you all for your help, Dave

Back
Top Bottom