Military Campgrounds for Veterans????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladybug

Does anyone know of any military campgrounds for veterans? All the ones I have come across on the internet are for retired, 100 % disabled and active military-what about the veterans?

I believe most FamCamps are restricted to retirees, active military, and in some cases contract employees.

Your are right Jeff - Military FamCamps are restricted to Active, Retired and DOD persons.  If space is availible guests may be invited - depending on the base commanding officer.  I think, some other USG [besides DOD] also are included.  Might be persons acting as Red Cross, CIA, FBI etc.  Not sure??

fredethomas said:
Your are right Jeff - Military FamCamps are restricted to Active, Retired and DOD persons.? If space is availible guests may be invited - depending on the base commanding officer.? I think, some other USG [besides DOD] also are included.? Might be persons acting as Red Cross, CIA, FBI etc.? Not sure??

For what seems to be an authoritative list click HERE.

There are only two classes of veterans qualified:  those with a 100% service-connected disability and Medal of Honor recipients.  Either of those are earned the benefit the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom