Millenium Bus Conversions any feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mossey

??? ???
We are looking at a 2002 Millenium Prevost Conversion with double slides any feedback would be appreciated
Linda and Mossey

mossey said:
??? ???
We are looking at a 2002 Millenium Prevost Conversion with double slides any feedback would be appreciated
Linda and Mossey

Howdy.
At one time we were looking at Prevost Conversions. The Prevost coach is quality BUT not all conversion companies are equal.  :D

I would want to know how long this conversion company has been in this business, how many coaches they have built and then I would want to talk to owners of their converted coaches.  I am familiar with Marathon, Liberty, and Royale conversions. I'm sorry but I don't know anything about Millennium conversions.

Regards,
Liz

They are in Sanford FL . Ihave been there they are some of the best craftsmen i have ever seen . Scott the production foreman is one of the nicest people in the industry . I would say they are one of the best.

I'm new to this site, but not to Prevost conversion ownership. I'm also not new to the perceptions of folks about bus conversions and their owners.

The short version of the original questions that started this thread is that you can buy a Prevost conversion, fairly new and in excellent condition for less than you can pay for a new conventional motorhome. The folks buying the conversions, new or used ar probably shopping along side of you at Wal-mart.

The converters who have built Prevost conversions do vary in quality and decor, but in almost every single conversion the quality levels are high and ownership is usually very trouble free. Those buying conversions need to do a lot of research before they take the plunge, but with the help of folks on some sites specializing in Prevost onversions and from the converters themselves they will learn what they need to make a good informed decision. Every converter has their own way to design systems, seems to have their own decor style, and targets a specific niche.

The owners of conversions will probably never wear one out. They may require some reupholstery or new carpet, but the Prevost shell is going to provide millions of miles of service. It is not unusual to find a ten year old coach with 100,000 miles in almost new condition for $200,000 to $300,000 that will have features and service life greatly in excess of any conventional motor home that is brand new. For those with money to burn you can spend $1,500,000 to $2,000,000.

Not all conversions are equal.  Some conversions are impeccable and others are production line specials.  It's always important to look very carefully at any conversion, no matter the company, for fit, finish and your personal reaction to the coach.  Often times, the "Ahah!" principle enters into the equation.  Millennium coaches are fine coaches, however there are many more conversions which may be just as suitable.  Don't forget about Parliament, Liberty, Marathon...the list goes on. 

One thing to consider is that a Prevost is not an 'investment.'  It is a depreciating asset.  So, think of a Prevost as a very expensive toy in some ways.  However, a well-maintained Prevost can last for hundreds of thousands of miles if well-cared for.

Back
Top Bottom