Mini blinds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nancyb31

Does anyone have any ideas about cleaning the mini blinds in our "lightly used" older 5th wheel.? I dread the thought of cleaning them one strip at a time :'(
I know I can have someone clean them commercially, but would rather not spend the money for that.
I was also thinking of replacing them with something easier to clean!? Anyone have any suggestions?

Nancy

nancyb31 said:
Does anyone have any ideas about cleaning the mini blinds in our "lightly used" older 5th wheel.? I dread the thought of cleaning them one strip at a time :'(
I know I can have someone clean them commercially, but would rather not spend the money for that.
I was also thinking of replacing them with something easier to clean!? Anyone have any suggestions?Nancy

Hi Nancy,
I too have  a couple of small mini blinds. I know of no easy way to clean them other than a slat at a time.  I try to do a couple of slats each evening when I watch TV.  It is just too boring to do it all at once. And then a big wind storm comes up and spreads dust all over them again. I would not have them cleaned professionally as it just would not be a priority for my money. I use those microfiber cloths on them.  Good luck.

Betty

Thanks for your replys to my posts Betty.  I'll try cleaning the blinds as you suggested, a few each evening when just sitting around watching a movie. 

Nancy

They make special blind cleaning "Combs" (For want of a better name) not sure they are worth it though,  These feather or fluffy fingers slide in between about five slats at a time,,, but of course take up room when stored

nancyb31 said:
Thanks for your replys to my posts Betty.? I'll try cleaning the blinds as you suggested, a few each evening when just sitting around watching a movie.?

Nancy

Then there is the male technique.  Close the blinds;  wipe the closed blinds with a damp cloth or sponge; reverse the closure so that the bottom side is exposed; repeat with the cloth on that side.  Good enough for government work.    ;D

Open the window and hose them off from the inside.

The hose is his answer to all cleaning jobs, inside or out.  ::)  That is how he and his partner used to spring clean their boat, spray it with bleach inside, close it up for a while, then hose it out.  Of course, if he did that to the blinds he would only get half of them. :D

Carl Lundquist said:
Then there is the male technique.  Close the blinds;  wipe the closed blinds with a damp cloth or sponge; reverse the closure so that the bottom side is exposed; repeat with the cloth on that side.  Good enough for government work.    ;D

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person who uses that method.  :)

Back
Top Bottom