Mini Rally at Marabito's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Hi all:

Paul and Linda DeMars stopped at our place yesterday for the night and a great visit.  They arrived before lunch and we decided to show them some of the Dallas area.  We headed towards the downtown area and Highland Park (homes of the well off) and I showed them the home I finished last year.  From their we went to "Snookies", a little restaurant & bar, for lunch.  Paul and Shirley had salads and Linda and I enjoyed an Ostrich Burger. 

Our next stop was Williams Square in Las Colinas and a visit to the Mustang Display.  Unfortunately, the fountain wasn't on because of maintenance, but they enjoyed the life-size sculptures.  We walked down around the canal area before returning to the car for more touring.  Took them for a drive throught the DFW Airport Complex, which they had only seen when stopping there in the past.  Next we headed into town past the Cowboy Stadium, past the location where JFK was assasinated, under the convention center, past City Hall and other hi-rises and to a Starbucks for coffee in the area referred to as Uptown.  After a leisurely cup of coffee and beautiful day in the low 80's we headed to S&D Oyster Company for dinner which was just down the street.  We were early and beat the Friday crowd.  Paul and Linda enjoyed the combo of Oysters and Shrimp and Shirley and I had our Shrimp.  I've been coming to this restaurant for 35 years and it's always great.

After dinner, we headed home and spent several hours viewing each others photos on the computers.  At 9:30, Paul was past his bedtime and headed to the coach.  He's an early riser.

This morning, I prepared Strawberry Waffles for breakfast and we visited a little while and then we said our goodbyes and they departed for Oklahoma.

They may have a new dog when they reach Oklahoma.  I think they are anxious.  ;D

I've attached a few photos.

Attachments

• Paul & Linda DeMars 002 copy (Small).jpg
    Paul & Linda DeMars 002 copy (Small).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Paul & Linda DeMars 006 copy (Small).jpg
    Paul & Linda DeMars 006 copy (Small).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 33
  • Paul & Linda DeMars 010 copy (Small).jpg
    Paul & Linda DeMars 010 copy (Small).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 33
Here is a couple more photos of the visit.

Attachments

• Paul & Linda DeMars 028 copy (Small).jpg
    Paul & Linda DeMars 028 copy (Small).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Paul & Linda DeMars 030 copy (Small).jpg
    Paul & Linda DeMars 030 copy (Small).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 31
Ron,
Now that's a pile of waffles !  Looks like a onderful placeto visit. Thanks for the pics.

Betty Brewer
in Las Vegas for NASCAR race watching it snow

Betty Brewer said:
Ron,
Now that's a pile of waffles !  Looks like a onderful placeto visit. Thanks for the pics.

Betty Brewer
in Las Vegas for NASCAR race watching it snow

They're pretty good Betty.  ;D

Wow! What a great tour of Dallas. And on all the hotel site visits I've done there, I didn't think there was anything to do!

And Betty, I'm jealous that you're in Vegas for the race and I'll trade the 10 inches of snow in our yard for whatever snow you have there

Ron,

Sure brings back memories from when we were there! Is Highland Park where we saw the Christmas displays? That was really quite spectacular! The mustangs haven't changed. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom