Mini rally in Discovery Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Forum members Al & Judy Griefer camped at nearby Flag City in Lodi and drove over to our house. Mutual friend Kathy turned up in her boat "Mrs Jones" with several friends.

Chris helped Kathy top up with fuel (any idea what 420 gallons of diesel cost?).

The dinghy needed gas too.

Don't forget the pumpout - Chris points the way.

They finally leave the dock. Note the wake from the bow thruster in the lower center of the photo.

Oops, almost forgot to mention that Kathy is a wannabe RVer. She has stayed aboard our coach on several occasions - see the photo of her online aboard our coach.

Attachments

• Chris_Judy.jpg
    Chris_Judy.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Janelle_Al_Kathy.jpg
    Janelle_Al_Kathy.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Mrs_Jones.jpg
    Mrs_Jones.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Fuel_stop.jpg
    Fuel_stop.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 34
  • dinghy_gas.jpg
    dinghy_gas.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 34
  • pump_out.jpg
    pump_out.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 36
  • leaving_dock.jpg
    leaving_dock.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Kathy_online.jpg
    Kathy_online.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 39
Tom,

Here in CT, at a gas station, it would be $1343.58!!! Now at the docks it will be considerably more. :( Rallies in Discovery Bay are always fun!!! :)

LOL Jim. I'm glad I wasn't paying the fuel bill that day.

I think I've mentioned before one of my happiest days was when I went from gallons per hour to miles per gallon! ;D

I think I lliked the GPH I enjoyed when I had the Mooney.  At 9 GPH I would be traveling at 165MPH which averages out to be about 18 MPG. ;D

Ron,

That mpg is probably 20-30X the equivalent mpg of Kathy's boat, but airstrips around here are limited. OTOH several of our neighbors park their small planes behind their houses (see photo) and use the waterways for takeoff and landing.

Another local couple who are both airline pilots bought a pair of Russian Migs and can be seen putting them through their paces. I suspect their mpg isn't too good  ;D

Attachments

• plane4.jpg
    plane4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 23
Our little sailboat gets awesome mileage....$0 per mile. Of course, it only goes when the wind blows.

I like that lack of fuel consumption Wendy. Unfortunately I've repeatedly failed over the years to get Chris to step aboard a sailboat.

Tom said:
I like that lack of fuel consumption Wendy. Unfortunately I've repeatedly failed over the years to get Chris to step aboard a sailboat.

Take her to St Maarten.....guy there bought America's Cup boats and takes tourists out where they crew the Cup ships......awesome, incredible, relaxing, amazing.....just the sound of the water and the wind in the sails.....made a sailor out of this Army girl.

Ron said:
The fuel consumtion on the migs just might make the boat mileage look much better. :D

I'm guessing that if you can afford to buy a mig, you can afford to buy the fuel. But no matter the fuel cost, I bet they're a lot of fun to watch zipping around the skies.

wendycoke said:
I'm guessing that if you can afford to buy a mig, you can afford to buy the fuel. But no matter the fuel cost, I bet they're a lot of fun to watch zipping around the skies.

Much more economical to watch the migs than to pay to fly them. ;D ;)

Ron said:
Much more economical to watch the migs than to pay to fly them. ;D ;)

Mike would pay to ride backseat in one......rode free as a Marine and loved it.

Tom said:
In a Mig? Thought Mike was a U.S. marine? ???

Never "was" a Marine...."is" a Marine. Doesn't matter what plane, it's the go fast and throw up that's fun (?) :)  And his dad was a pilot in the Army Air Corps, later the Air Force, so he comes by it honestly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom