Mini Rally in Sierra Vista

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Johnson

Got together today with Fred and Daisy, Jack & Ellie Dalmaijer, some pie and ice cream, and of course some wine :)  As we left well after dark, Jack said it was the longest lunch he had ever been at ;D  Cannot begin to tell you who all we talked about!

Attachments

• P3220012 (Small).JPG
    P3220012 (Small).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 50
Well, she does in this picture but it is not as good a pic of Daisy.  But anything to make you happy ;D

Attachments

• P3220011 (Small).JPG
    P3220011 (Small).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 42
Sorry for the delay in getting into this.  We certainly had a great time with all of you, and having a small get-together was so very enlightening.  Getting to hear of the adventures of the Dalmaijers and the good things they do in their life to help make the world a better place is indeed a high-light for us, and we always look forward to hearing what they've been up to.  They are truly caring people and we are so priviledged to be friends with them. 

Daisy and Fred

Hi Wendy,

The snow was fleeting, as it was gone in a few hours.  It's still up on the very top of the mountains, just where it should be.  However, we were not sorry to see it, since that is the only snow we had all winter.  We usually have some in Dec. and Jan. and almost always in the mountains.  It was a welcome sight, as it means a little more water in the aquifer.....  Jim is up a couple of hundred feet higher than where our house is, and we didn't get enough here to stick to the ground.  He deserves it for living in the "high country"..

Today we were running around in short sleeves getting a sun-tan.  Ahhhhh, it felt good.  And we were with the Johnsons again for lunch.  <G> 

We were up in the 60s today....I was actually working in the yard in a t-shirt and was thinking about starting the garden....I shouldn't tempt the snow goddess like that!!

Snow down here is almost all gone but Mike has a picture he took yesterday of the Abajos (AKA The Blues) in SE Utah and there's some serious snow up there. The La Sals have even more. It'll take a heap of melting to happen between now and the Moab rally for a La Sal Loop drive to happen!!

Fred,

80s today and tomorrow. ?Still time for the 4 of you to come to the party tomorrow.

Hmmm, at 87 you're approaching "too darn hot"  :) Funny, I didn't mind 120 in Death Valley but now it's too hot when it hits 95. On the other hand, it's supposed to be 63 and sunny here today but snow on Tuesday and Wednesday.

wendycoke said:
I didn't mind 120 in Death Valley but now it's too hot when it hits 95.

I got heat stroke some years ago and, since then, have a real tough time when the thermometer climbs.

We are going to let the heat chase us out of AZ next week and out of Texas a couple of weeks later. 75-80 is just right!

Jeff,

Do you know what your plans in TX are?  We leave on Tuesday but have not decided to go through Texas or go North and out I-40.  If we go through Texas we will stop in Ft Davis, and then probably Galveston.  Maybe we can run into each other.

Jim:

We will be in Tucson until late next week and then are headed across I-10.

San Antonio, Houston suburbs, Livingston, Dallas area, Ok City, and Arkansas are on our intinerary but we have not spent 10 minutes deciding how or when.  ::)

Just plan to be at the kids in Chicago by 1st of May.

Jeff,

We thought you were coming to Moab.  Change of plans?

Ned:

We were running out of time. M/h plates and Sue's DL expire may/June and we have to go to SD before they do. We have plans to see friends in TX/OK on the way back.

Result was not enough time with granddaughters in Illinois.

See you in Dec/Jan back in PHX. 8)

Have a great trip to Alaska.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom