missed Newegg.com restocking fee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

Newegg waived their restocking fee, but:

I ordered something from Newegg.com that didn't serve the purpose.  I am returning everything in originally packed condition.  I have no complaint about paying the shipping fee to return, but the RMA clerk at Newegg told me they have a restocking fee.  I missed that entirely on their website and looked for it somewhat, since I don't use vendors who have restocking fees.  It is buried in one of the Q&A's in the FAQ section.  I don't think I saw it in the policies or terms and conditions either.  Probably missed it skimming.  Be forewarned. 

Otherwise, it's a great place to do business.  Very quick. 

--pat

Pat,

I can understand your frustration, but you just didn't dig deep enough. It's clearly spelled out in both the FAQ's and the Return Policy sections of their website. It also says that a restocking fee MAY be applied, and in your case it wasn't. :)  Newegg has a pretty good reputation, and I wouldn't hesitate buying there myself; in fact, I have on several occasions.

Karl:

Agreed, as noted.  Not sure how I missed it when previewing the vendor. 

--pat

Restocking fees are to cover those returns when people don't include all the original contents or the item is damaged and can't be resold as new.  Generally, if you return an item in purchased condition with all the original contents intact, you most likely won't be charged.  Some stores will charge a restocking fee regardless, and those can be avoided.

I also recently purchased a product from them and returned it. When they charged the restocking fee I sent them
an email complaining (politely) about it and they waived the fee and sent me a 10% discount coupon on my next
purchase.

I was not charged the restocking fee, but I was charged shipping out and was not refunded return shipping.  I felt this completely fair, because they went to the expense to give me the opportunity to test the purchased item.

I also bought an external drive case for a SATA internal drive from them.  Works fine. 

I have found Newegg to be practically scrupulous in their effort to provide good service.  They were very fast issuing the refund for the returned item.

--pat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom