Model train

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roscris

There were a couple of older threads on this subject but I didn't want to necro them so I started a new.  I have made several HO layouts over the years but now we are in our trailer most of the time I don't want to give it up.  I am working on a 4'x4' simple circle with a couple of turnouts.  Anyone else have a train setup?

Roscris said:
Anyone else have a train setup?
Rod Stewart

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3264325/My-favourite-tracks-ones-trains-says-Rod-Stewart-Singer-reveals-books-second-hotel-room-models-play-tour.html

Are you using Z scale or larger?  We would like photos of your layout when it's done.

I have an HO 4x8 in my basement, with a smaller N-scale inside the perimeter. I also have a dual level N-scale (folded dogbone) on a 2x4 setup. None of the scenery is great (there's not much at all), but they're fun to run. The HO is DCC, with three engines having sound too (one Mogul, steam, while the other three are vintage late '70s/early '80s, converted to DCC with LED lights -- no sound. The N-scale are straight DC.

Got any pictures to share? So many of us are fascinated by model trains, I had an HO when I was a kid, spent the best times with my dad setting up and changing the layout and running the trains.

Building a layout in a house, using a spare bedroom or the basement, is no big deal.  I've built several like that over the years.  Building one that works in an RV is particularly challenging and I'm looking forward to what the OP ends up with.  Anyone else that has made one fit in their RV, let's see some pictures.

The guy in the next site had one with a whistle and light laid out under the rv, drove our dog nuts. ;D

RoyM said:
The guy in the next site had one with a whistle and light laid out under the rv, drove our dog nuts. ;D
PICTURES, PLEEEEEZE!

I have a 2 ? x 4 ? N scale layout I hope to bring along when we can finally travel  It is a simple 2 concentric, independent ovals. but it is fun to run.

"Are you using Z scale or larger?  We would like photos of your layout when it's done."

Ned, Layouts are never done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom