Modular truck bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlkPrl15

I ran across this
https://sherptek.com/truckbed
on the interwebs this week. :eek:

Wow! My head is spinning thinking of all the possibilities. Storage space is definitely becoming my nemesis with the TC set-up. I seem to keep adding stuff to my "needs" list every time we return from a trip: dually leveling blocks, wheel chocks (these need to be larger than most people think), spare DEF bottle, diesel fuel additive, etc. A lot of these items are either dirty or smelly, and I wouldn't want them in the cab or the camper (camper storage space is pretty much used up at this point, also). This seems like a good solution. Hmmmmm....

Anywho, I know zilch about the company, cost, or quality of the product; but it looks promising.

Has anyone here gone the custom bed route?

Not yet but like you I've been looking for another option other than the F450 with a factory bed, I'm very interested in SherpTek and the DW is Ok with it....I think
I'm kinda leaning towards the 2020 F550 chassis cab, super single wheels, Kelderman suspension ans SherpTek modular bed for my 2015 Eagle Cap 1165
I'd like to hear from an SherpTek owner, looks like a quality product

Not much info out there, I did the usual DuckDuckGo search, utube and most of the RV forums if you have any relevant info please share

Originally we were looking at flatbeds, I was going to do something similar with truck boxes and weld sheet metal in to make it all tie together and look astatically pleasing. But Lisa didn't want to go that way. You are right about the storage short coming of a TC, a slide has proven worst because we can't store on the floor when traveling like the old non slide camper. Since its just her and I the back seat gets to be extra storage with the dog. The best thing I did was to mount the BBQ on the camper bumper  and plumb to the TC gas system provided by AF. That eliminated trying to find a home for the BBQ and all those green canisters. For us, most trips are towing a boat or the cargo trailer for the Harley and those become a catchall for pop ups, chairs and what not,,,gregg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom