MOFI4500 or WE826-T2 4G LTE WiFi Router

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justlkn

Anyone using a MOFI4500 or WE826-T2 4G LTE WiFi type router setup in their RV? I currently use a Verizon 8800L jetpack. The 8800L is battery powered and must be continuously monitored for battery usage to avoid the device from turning off from low battery. I currently use an Amazon Smartplug with several routines to keep it charged. However I am experiencing device disconnects over and over. I am looking at replacing the jetpack with a more permanent solution that is not depend on a battery. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using any of the below products.

Products I have looked at:
1)MOFI4500 or WE826-T2 4G LTE WiFi Router

2)Winegard ConnecT 2.0 WF2 & 4G2

3)WiFi Ranger Sky Pro.

Thanks,
Glenn

justlkn said:
Anyone using a MOFI4500 or WE826-T2 4G LTE WiFi type router setup in their RV? I currently use a Verizon 8800L jetpack. The 8800L is battery powered and must be continuously monitored for battery usage to avoid the device from turning off from low battery. I currently use an Amazon Smartplug with several routines to keep it charged. However I am experiencing device disconnects over and over. I am looking at replacing the jetpack with a more permanent solution that is not depend on a battery. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using any of the below products.

Products I have looked at:
1)MOFI4500 or WE826-T2 4G LTE WiFi Router

2)Winegard ConnecT 2.0 WF2 & 4G2

3)WiFi Ranger Sky Pro.

Thanks,
Glenn

they are essentially one and the same, both use ZTE boards and a mPCIe adapter with a Sierra Wireless Card.

I have a couple of home built routers with a Sierra MC7455 card.
one with the unlocked mobley SIM and another with an unlimited at&t account.

the Mofi has a modified version of OpenWrt bound to the motherboard, the WE826 uses the community OpenWrt
or GoldenOrb/Rooter software and will setup on any carrier.

Mine is on at&t and with a dual MIMO antenna setup. works just fine.
usually get at least twice the throughput of the mobley.

here is a link to some LTE gear you might like to look at..
https://ltefix.com/product-category/routers/

this is were i get my stuff..

Solarman,

That is the site that I was looking to buy the parts.  I do however favor the https://ltefix.com/shop/routers/wg3526/ as it allows me to use the 2.4GHz-5GHz bands.  Using the Sierra Wireless MC7455 as the modem I think it would make a good combination.  I have a new Inseego 8800L that is having a ton of issues that I don't believe can be corrected by the end user. I am experiencing constant device disconnects throughout the day.  In excess of 200 a day.  Sometimes the jetpack will dump all devices at once. I have been working with Inseego trying to debug this thing but were coming up with nada.  My only option is to have it replaced under warranty but does not guarantee a fix.  I see on other forums this is a prevalent issue across the board with Verizon jetpacks. If I choose to have it replaced, I will most likely sell the new one and but the above listed parts.  I think it will be more beneficial in the future.  Another plus with the WG3526 is no battery to worry about!

justlkn said:
Solarman,

That is the site that I was looking to buy the parts.  I do however favor the https://ltefix.com/shop/routers/wg3526/ as it allows me to use the 2.4GHz-5GHz bands.  Using the Sierra Wireless MC7455 as the modem I think it would make a good combination.  I have a new Inseego 8800L that is having a ton of issues that I don't believe can be corrected by the end user. I am experiencing constant device disconnects throughout the day.  In excess of 200 a day.  Sometimes the jetpack will dump all devices at once. I have been working with Inseego trying to debug this thing but were coming up with nada.  My only option is to have it replaced under warranty but does not guarantee a fix.  I see on other forums this is a prevalent issue across the board with Verizon jetpacks. If I choose to have it replaced, I will most likely sell the new one and but the above listed parts.  I think it will be more beneficial in the future.  Another plus with the WG3526 is no battery to worry about!

yep.. if you need 5GHz then that's a good choice.

I don't know if you have external antennae on your system, but here is a shot of what mine will achieve
with a pair of 11 dBi Yagis over an 8 mile path.

Attachments

• speedtest.hou.jpg
    speedtest.hou.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom