Moon Shot Just Launched

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We tried to watch it from Salt Springs, about 85 miles away, but we couldn't make it out against the ambient light in the park. It was good to see it on YouTube though. I'm glad they stuck the first stage landing once again too, making it a hat trick for this one. ;)

Having done some design work on the competitor vehicle (Boeing's Starliner), I'm of two minds on this:

1: I'm thrilled to see a (kind of) privately funded vehicle, and I look forward to America regaining her ability to launch her own astronauts.

2: I cannot stand Musk, I strongly dislike how SpaceX treats their employees, and I wish to heck it was the Boeing vehicle instead.

(I no longer work for Boeing.)

bigfatguy said:
Having done some design work on the competitor vehicle (Boeing's Starliner), I'm of two minds on this:

1: I'm thrilled to see a (kind of) privately funded vehicle, and I look forward to America regaining her ability to launch her own astronauts.

2: I cannot stand Musk, I strongly dislike how SpaceX treats their employees, and I wish to heck it was the Boeing vehicle instead.

(I no longer work for Boeing.)

Would not shock me if ultimtely Mr. Musk goes the way of Howard Hughes...  :)

I too am happy to see Private investment in outer space/Moon exploration..  Government is controlled by too many folks who listen to the luddites yammering "Why throw away money in space when we have needy here on earth"

I won't go into how investing in space exploration has helped the needy here on earth. If you don't know by now you won't listen to me anyway.. but  I have SEEN (As an example) the advences in medical monitoring over the last 60 years.. FIRST HAND...  This came about due to NASA.

jymbee said:
Would not shock me if ultimtely Mr. Musk goes the way of Howard Hughes...  :)

Elon Musk is 1 white, furry cat away from being a James Bond villain already...

Back
Top Bottom