Moose Lodge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anchovy

Hi, my husband and I are new to camping. We are ready to just jump in and go. We are members of the Moose Lodge and I've heard you can spend the nights in their parking lots. Wondering if anyone can give me any insight on this. Thanking you all in advance.

Per Google yes you can, some even have electric pedestal. It seems they vary per location. I would contact a particular lodge if you had questions.

The answer is it depends. There are three or four different outcomes.
Some lodges (like the old Taylor MI lodge that is no more, Las vegas,, Palmdale, CA and a few others I've stayed at) have "RV sites' Generally 30 amp power.. Some have water and sewer or at least a dump station (Taylor did not have sewer)

Others 15/20 amp power.

Some just parking

And in some areas state or local laws or ordinances prohibit (In those areas you can't stay at a Flying J or Cracker Barrel either).

There used to be a phone app "Moose finder" as I recall that listed which lodges had what but
1: it was a tad clunky and 2: the database is a good decade or two out of date.

I've stayed at
Las Vegas
Palmdale
Taylor (Before it closed)
Lilly KY (London lodge,, not an easy drive but a nice lodge 15 amp and a dump port)
Boling Green (Also KY)
Flushing MI (one 30 amp site one 20 no sewer
one other in MI (also 15 amp)
Elkhart INdiana (parking only)
One lodge in NE. but no overnight there (This was a day visit meeting a friend)

A few others. which I've forgotten. Including one in the Carolinas (Ashville????)

As John says, it varies with each Lodge so you have to check locally. It's up to the Governing board at each lodge and subject to local zoning regs as well.Where offered, facilities vary.

I believe there is a list of lodges with RV accommodations on the main Moose website.

Lodges With RV Facilities

http://www.mooseintl.org

For other Rvers, the Elks & Eagles offer similar camping/RVing facilities at some lodges & Aeries. Probably other fraternal organizations too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom