More Battery type ?????s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvrrat

Alrighty, now that I installed two 6v batteries in series, I need to keep them fully charged. I was informed the proper way is to use a 3 stage charger. Now, here it comes.... since the batteries are producing 12v (2 6v) do I use a 12v charger or do I use 2 6v chargers or can I use one 6v and will it charge both equally?  I know some of you  guys are electronics wizzkids (not like our teenager type though)...thanks...Paul

Paul,

You have two six volt batteries connected in series to get twelve volts you need a one 12 volt charger connected to the Positive post on one battery and the negative post on the other battery.

New electronic two stage chargers do a pretty decent job, much better than the older ferror-magnetic types that were common until a couple years ago.  The electronics needed to properly regulate charging have become cheap.

Up to around 40 or 50A charge capacity. a two stage charger is not much different than 3 stage anyway, since it is already limited in its max charge rate and there is therefore little difference between the first two charging stages. As long as it has a good float (final) stage a two stage will do fine. A charger with 70-100 amp capacity will benefit more from multiple stages

Progressive Dynamics and Iota make excellent 2 stage chargers and they both ofer an add-on module to upgrade to 3-stage if desired.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom