Mothers tell your children

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Onyrlef

So I keep all my passwords in my Iphone and keep ( kept) them in a notebook for backup. So on returning from our latest adventure can't find the notebook, not the end of the world and as Scarlet O'Hara said " I'll worry about it tomorrow". Pick up Iphone from charger yesterday and it won't accept my passcode, after a few attempts it locks for 1 minute, next time 5, next time 15, then 1 hr. So I go to restore and it wants my Icloud password which is locked in the phone, next I connect it to itunes and go through the entirely frustrating, interrupted only by 30 second long bursts of language that would peel paint, sequence to wipe the phone and restart. Long story short all files, pictures, etc that should have been in the almighty Icloud and there to be restored ( after resetting my password) are somewhere out in the nebulae but sure as hell not in the cloud here on earth. Apple says an Iphone can't arbitrarily lock you out if you have the correct passcode, that I just forgot it. It's the first 6 digits of my social, really? I did learn something however, waterboarding is childs play, just force suspected terrorists to spend five minutes trying to explain the problem to Scooter at the Apple help desk in Mumbai, they'll rat out their mother. " Sir, the Iphone cannot lock you out if you know your passcode", "But it did", "Sir, the iphone....."

And if you try to unlock it too many times the iPhone turns into a brick and can never be unlocked. There is alternative software to back up and restore your phone that does not use iCloud or iTunes. Apple had user's passwords hacked a couple years ago so I'm no fan of cloud storage.

Maybe someone got your notebook and hacked your iCloud account?

There is no such thing as security for anything in today's world.
Only thing about that is the authentication process is mind numbing, the security answers weren't written down, the other conundrum is there is nothing in the cloud to restore, no files, pictures, nada, it's empty. Changing passwords like I had to do, should have no bearing on the contents, they were stored under the user name/email. I suspect whatever wiped the cloud took the passcode down too. The other problem too is I was more importantly trying to watch US v. Venezuela in the Q. finals of the WBC while navigating that charlie foxtrot and tending the grape libation. Multitasking if you will.

Last edited:
Reason number (I long since lost count) to not have an Incompatible phone.
My 'Droid unlocks biometrically or digitally (Pass code of Fingerprint).
I have a trusted password manager. everything is stored encrypted but I can access it from several devices.. And I know the pass codes for all those devices.. As I unlock them daily.

Like my pw for here is something like: MyRvFrmPa$$w0rd!
Where"Pa$$w0rd!" would be a word I use a lot, but only for passwords.

Back
Top Bottom