Motorcycle rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buknob

Hi, I am wondering if anybody out there has used the following Motorcycle hitch and if it is best suited for a Class C?
My Motorcycle is a Sport bike and wheighs in at 420 lbs.

? http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/spmoca.html

if there is any feedback good or bad about the product. Or any other? suggestions on how to transport a Sportbike without towing and storing a full trailer.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Buknob,

I took the liberty of changing the subject line from "A little help please....." so you'll get a better chance of someone knowledgeable about this subject seeing (and replying to) your message. Jim Johnson is one of the folks around here who regularly carries his motorcycle on a hitch-mounted rack. Hopefully Jim will see your message and respond.

Hi Buknob,

I have no info on the carrier but be very careful about overloading your rear axle. I was looking for a lift for either a small motorcycle or a large scooter. The motorcycle weighs around 350lbs and the scooter is around 500lbs. The lift I wanted was around 200lbs. That combined weight of the motorcycle and lift would add over 900lbs to my rear axle due to the overhang! I only have about 600lbs left so I can't carry anything on a lift.

Buknob,

I carry a 745 pound cruiser on an Overbilt lift on a Dutch Star diesel.  I did this only after a long discussion with Spartan, the chassis manufacturer.  I don't know about a Class C but the chassis manufacturer would be your best bet for informed info.

I too have a CLASS C and  a UNDER 500 pound bike Id like a rack for.  I was looking at the next rated rack down
---> http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/simoca.html ... I think it's great that people report the performance on the back of diesel pusher's with big bikes and how happy they are but it's kinda a like apples and oranges when a smaller bike is in question.

If you do experiment on your CLASS C  hope you post your results.
Still look forward to hearing about all the big bikes on the big motorhomes too so we'll know you have them..

Two sturdy RV motorcycle carriers are:

The Overbilt system which is what Jim Johnson has (www.overbiltlifts.com) which utilizes your choice of a hand cranked steel-cable assembly to lift bike off the ground or the preferred 12v winch to do the heavy lifting.

The one I am going for uses hydraulics, lifts the bike higher so it doesn't leave skid marks everywhere you go. Go to www.hydralift-usa.com and compare the two.

I hope this helps.

No matter which way you go be sure to check with the chassis manufacturer and FOLLOW their recommendations.  Hanging a lot of weight on the chassis can cause serious steering and weight issues neither which is safe or desireable.

Back
Top Bottom