motorhome comparison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindyGo

I am going to be a travel nurse soon and looking at Class A motorhomes. I want feedback on whether I should go with Winnebago, Safari or Gulfstream. I looked at all 3 today and my first impression is the Winnebago but liked the floorplans on Safari the best. Also, should I be concerned if it is a Ford V10 or Workhorse Vortec? I am seeking 32-35 ft. models with 2-3 slides. There will be two nurses living in the coach full time. Must stay in the less than $150,000 range. Any information would be helpful and appreciated. :D

I gather you are looking exclusively at new, gas chassis motorhomes?  The Safari is the higher ranked brand among those you have selected, followed by Winnebago.  We have heard reports of quality complaints from Gulfstream owners, but like most brands thee are many happy owners as well.  Hard to judge without a large statistical sample, though.

I strongly recommend you consider buying a used motorhome, gas or diesel. You will get much, much, more value for your money and there are many, many excellent, extremely lightly used, motorhomes available in your price range.    Buying used, you avoid the horrendous first year depreciation (upwards of 40%) and you get a chance to familairize yourself with motorhomes at much lower cost.  If you were buying a new house, would you insist on building a new one or would you consider a "pre-loved" home?  A motorome purchase is more like buying a house than a car and new is not a big advantage. In some ways, new can even be a disadvanage, in that you have to take the new "house" through the shakedown perod of findng and fixing he inevitable flaws.

LindyGo said:
I am going to be a travel nurse soon and looking at Class A motorhomes. I want feedback on whether I should go with Winnebago, Safari or Gulfstream. I looked at all 3 today and my first impression is the Winnebago but liked the floorplans on Safari the best. Also, should I be concerned if it is a Ford V10 or Workhorse Vortec? I am seeking 32-35 ft. models with 2-3 slides. There will be two nurses living in the coach full time. Must stay in the less than $150,000 range. Any information would be helpful and appreciated. :D

$150,000 range ?  Is that what you want to spend or are you talking list price ? For 150,000 there is alot of nice diesel pushers out there in that range and for even less considering just about every place I have looked at coaches are taking about 25 % off of MSRP. Take a look at Monoco and Holiday Rambler , the Holiday Rambler Neptune PDQ has 4 slides is 36ft ,very nice coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom