Motorhome Storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonPatt

When storing your unit while not in use, do you store it with the slideouts in or out?  Thanks

While storing outside, slides are in, if storing in my own garage, they are out unless I would need the room for a project.  If storing in a garage or rented warehouse, they would be in to reduce risk unless I totally control the access.

Just my opinion,

Where I store my MH you would have to rent two spaces to have enough room for the slide outs to be out.  At $125 a month per space I store mine in!

We store at home and with the slides out because it seems like everytime we put them in, we need to go out and get something from where the slides are in. 

Ours is kept in our garage, which is attached to our house, and the slide is always in. Having said that, I can't think of a good reason to not leave the slide out, because there's no chance that someone is going to accidentally bump into it while they're parking another RV next to it. If it were kept in a garage with other RVs, and space was tight, that would be a good enough reason for me to leave the slide in.

If I were going to store our coach outside, where it would be exposed to the elements, I'd leave the slide in. I've had strong winds in the desert cause my slide topper to buffet wildly, so much so that I felt I should bring it in. And it wouldn't do it any good to be constantly exposed to the sun and rain either. It's one thing if I'm using it but unnecessary exposure if I'm not.

Ke

I store ours about 1/2 mile from our house. I store with the slides in and the nose raised up just a bit to encourage rain run off. I keep the slides in for a few reasons, mostly space but also I don't want the slide out awnings flapping if the wind kicks up.

Back
Top Bottom