Mount bolts for Onan Microquiet 4000 carb ? STOLEN!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTMcPhee

I just went over to check out my Class A Fleetwood (2004 Terra 31H), tried to start the generator to run the AC and it wouldn?t run though it cranks just fine so no battery problem. Opened the side door to the genset and somebody had taken the nut that holds the air cleaner cover off, then removed the two bolts that hold the carburetor to the bulkhead and manifold. Said person also took the nut that holds the cover on, and the air cleaner itself. I need to find replacement bolts ? never had that kind of problem before. No idea what thread, diameter or length. Have to go to Onan distributor? And no, the bolts did not vibrate out. No sign of them in the bottom of the case, and there is no lock on the generator door. Moreover, the cover for the air filter was OUTSIDE the case, in the mounting box! I store the RV in a lot that is also occupied by a dealer whose reputation ain?t so hot ? they move a lot of RVs through there, but there?s hardly anyone around to show or sell them..Help, please? I don?t have a parts list.

I those are straight bolts.. Any hardware can supply..

Bolts come in two flavors Grade 5 and grade 8. Also Metric and ASE sizes and fine and course thread.. You need to match the last 2 (size. and thread) I suspect grade 5 is good for all the bolts you cite but if worried go with Grade 8 for the carb mounting bolts. Air cleaner is definitely a 5. or a Stainless if you want to go fancy.

I doubt that the bolts are anything special. Most bolts are Grade 2. Grades 5 and 8 are hardened for extra strength.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom