Mouse Prevention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysamm

Its been bothering me to think that mice can climb into this one hole I know about. So my project today is to fix it. *of course there are probably many other accessible holes for mice to get into but I know about this one*
The area is where the electrical chord goes down thru the floor and leaves a gaping 3" hole!!! The plan> SEAL HOLE
the tools> Sewer cap secure and ear muffs for boat engine.
The outcome --------------SUCCESS

Attachments

• PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 444
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 470
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 478
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 72

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
Hey R.,
Thanks for the pictures to illustrate your success.  I just love it when  projects only take a day and are successful!
Betty

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
rubysamm said:
Its been bothering me to think that mice can climb into this one hole I know about. So my project today is to fix it. *of course there are probably many other accessible holes for mice to get into but I know about this one*
The area is where the electrical chord goes down thru the floor and leaves a gaping 3" hole!!! The plan> SEAL HOLE
the tools> Sewer cap secure and ear muffs for boat engine.
The outcome --------------SUCCESS

This looks very similar to what we used in the Navy to keep rats from climbing aboard. They were called rat guards. One other thing they say works but I can't prove it is dryer sheets. We put them in every compartment and cabinet/drawer in our coach and never had a mouse aboard. Don't know if that was the reason but it sure seemed to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holiday Rambler 2004
Top Bottom