MPG question for a Ford F350 7.2 V8 C Class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK Furry

I was looking on eBay UK and found this little baby, she would suit me well but my only concern is the MPG.  Our gas price here at the moment is $8.55 per gallon ???

Is there any other problem to look out for with this model?

Thanks

Furry

Is this a Gas or Diesel RV 7.2 I believe would be the 460 gas unit or 7.3 would be the Diesel unit.

Either way this isnt an easy question to answer. Need to know what gears are in the rear, and the GVW (curb weight) of the unit. Might be a little easier to calculate. I would guess it would get about 8-12 miles if its Diesel less if its gas (downhill with the wind behind you) but thats just a guess. Might not even be a good guess, purely speculation.

This doesnt answer the post directly but once you have what you want you can figure it out easy enough here
http://www.mytravelguide.com/travel-tools/mileage-calculator.php even has a metric conversion.

Or just do the math yourself.

Ultimately a spec sheet from the manufacturer would be best, If you can find one.

Thanks Dude, this is the ad,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300024959544&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The current owner has very little knowledge of the vehicle, but thanks for your guess work all the same.

Furry

I could be wrong (its happened before) but I wasnt aware the Ford did this kind of coach work. Again I could be wrong but Ford provides the chassis and the coach work is done by the coach builder. I did do a quick search online and I havent found anything that says "Ford motorhome" just chassis.

If you could find out who did the coach, your one step closer

Tim

Link is for current Class A Ford motorhome chassis.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/specialty_vehicles/Motorhome_Class_A.asp

A gas (petrol) 7.3L engine is going to use much more fuel than a 1.6L Ford Focus. Pure speculation on my part would be 6-8 mpg, but that's a U.S. gallon. That would make it 7.5-10 to an imperial gallon, or 1.6-2.1 to a liter.

BTW Ford was the manufacturer of the chassis and drivetrain; Another company put the motorhome part on the chassis, but I can't tell who from the photo.

If the owner says he/she doesn't know much about it, maybe you should skip this one.

Sorry Tom we must have posted at the same time.

true story!

TheDude said:
...we must have posted at the same time.

Not quite Tim. I read your reply before I posted mine. Just wanted to clarify the US/imperial gallon issue.

The ad says that he's selling it for a friend, but in another place he says he wants a new toy. IMHO, too little detail, photos don't show things well (nothing of the bathroom), and price too high for a '94. I'd walk away from this one.

By the way, what doesn 'No mot" mean - no motor?

I read it as no Motor  I take on this, is guy tore it up and now wants top buck for it so he can upgrade to what he really wants.  I wouldn't touch it with Someone else's $

Shayne said:
I read it as no Motor

Shayne/Karl,

Re the "there is no mot" statement, MOT = Ministry Of Transport. In the UK all motor vehicles have to pass a stringent set of MOT safety tests which, when I lived there, used to cover things like brakes, lights, signals, wipers, body rust, tires and a host of other things. They'd even tap all along the brake lines with a hammer. It's probably become more stringent over the years and might even include smog. This is an annual test and you can't renew the registration (aka "car tax") without passing.

This vehicle probably failed the test and the guy wants to unload it. I'd pass on this one.

And thanks again for all your advice, ?9000 is what he is looking for which would leave nearly as much again in the bank for an LPG coversion halving the cost of the fuel, and some alterations to the back bed room to change it into a motorcycle garage/workshop.

8 - 10 mpg is still quite scary even with LPG, which engines offer the best MPG?

Paul

;D Hi UK Furry. I had a Minnie Winnie that was similar to the one you are looking at on UK ebay. At a steady 50mph you will get between 12mpg and 15mpg. At 60mpg it will drop to 10mpg to 12mpg. You may get it for less than ?9000 because he has NOT set a reserve. I have been looking at this myself. You only have 3 hours left.? ;D

BTW on LPG you will get the equivalent of 18mpg to 25mpg. Not bad for a small house on wheels.  ;)

It must have been a V10 Triton. Our 2003 Winnebago Minnie 24V was based on the E350 V10 Triton. The best mileage we got in 24 fillups was 9.4 mpg. The worst was 6.5 and the average was around 8. It had less than 10,000 miles on it when we traded it in on a new 2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PDQ diesel pusher in March. It's not broken in yet (less than 4000 miles), but the last two fillups coming back to south Texas from northern  Arkansas in August averaged 7.7 and 8.1 mpg. We're pulling a 2003 Chevy Tracker behind the Monaco and didn't pull a toad behind the Winnebago.

:) Hi Mike in Texas. There is a difference between the US Gallon and the UK gallon. We get more miles to our gallon than you do.  ;D

:mad: But it STILL costs a LOT more.  :mad:

This might be a little irrelevant to the issue at hand, but isn't the steering wheel, and for that matter the coach door on the wrong side for the UK?  Looks like a Grey Market import to me.

icntdrv said:
.... isn't the steering wheel, and for that matter the coach door on the wrong side for the UK?

Yes, but they're on the correct side if/when folks drive them to the continent. You'll see lots of vehicles with "wrong-side" steering wheels in the UK and on the continent. Personally, I wouldn't want to drive that way.

Thanks Tom for? trying to straighten me out on the subject of No Mot? ?I had no idea.? Straighten me out entirely? ?Well you better envoke the whole forum, and everyone pack a big lunch for themselves, cause I'm probably that far gone.

Back
Top Bottom