Multi Function Battery Pack/ Jump Starter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redrockerstl55

Anybody ever carry around a multi-function battery pack/jump starter? I love this one. It's compact, only weighs 1 lb and very high quality. I use this in my vehicles to keep my phone / tablet charged and it makes a great emergency light that can start that dead battery if needed. Plus, if you have a Crew Cab it fits very easily under the second row seat of most brand trucks.

I wanted to share as this has b been a great solution to replace my old bulky, heavy battery jump starter. 

This is great for those of us who love to camp and find ourselves in the middle of nowhere often. 

I don't make any money on this I just wanted to share a pretty cool product I discovered that can solve so many problems for us campers!  Hope this, or a product like this, can help someone get out of a jam. 

https://youtu.be/aGe1FuBOcAw

Last time I was in Wally World, I checked out the lithium battery packs. WOW!!! So light compared to my current lead acid one. Worth carrying in the RV or daily driver. And, not going to have much of an impact on cargo capacity. I'm getting one. Anyone want to buy my heavy battery pack.... CHEAP!!!

I used to have one of those larger units sitting behind him in his truck, mine had a tire pump, radio, battery charger, cell phone charger, and a few other features that I can't remember.

When I first started the video I thought NO WAY that little thing is a replacement for the big unit behind him LOL  but its not.  That is a nice unit though.    But if I can ever afford another of those big units like he has behind him I will get another one, they are really nice to have.

I now carry two of them, one for my Harleys and another that is swapped between vehicles. The Motorcycle is a smaller unit I bought at wally mart but the other larger one came from a friends auto parts store...it is a beast.  I actually jump started the RV (300 cummins diesel) with it. I tried again months later when the chassis batteries were completely dead and kept hitting the jumper....it fried the cables and the jump starter but good news is they replaced free with no charge or questions.  If interested I will get the brands and model numbers. It sure beats begging for a jump.

YES.. though Mine is different. But YES. (I like Jump start/12 volt accessory only. no compressor or work light though findign 'em without lights is tough now days so I have one, and 900 Peak amps or more)

After viewing the video and roaming the web for this device, I can't see how the tiny cables on those jump start clamps can carry enough current to do the job, at least not more than once. And the claimed charging time through the USB C port seems unbelievable, too.

I've not actually seen the device in person, let alone tried it, but it's hard to believe. And 20000 mAH capacity is claimed and a 1500 A peak? Seems to me to be "too good to be true."

It'd be great if it actually does as claimed but, as you can tell, I'm rather skeptical.

Larry N. said:
After viewing the video and roaming the web for this device, I can't see how the tiny cables on those jump start clamps can carry enough current to do the job, at least not more than once. And the claimed charging time through the USB C port seems unbelievable, too.

I've not actually seen the device in person, let alone tried it, but it's hard to believe. And 20000 mAH capacity is claimed and a 1500 A peak? Seems to me to be "too good to be true."

It'd be great if it actually does as claimed but, as you can tell, I'm rather skeptical.

If I understand their operation right, what it does is drain its charge into the vehicles battery to assist its starting. It works partly because lithium batteries can discharge much faster than lead acid....just my thoughts and nothing to back that up..I also think that is why I burnt up my first one while making my second attempt to jump the RV. I was expecting that small pack to do what the 2 size would do. It worked once.  I regularly jump off my 500/cu in airboats with it.

Often the "dead" battery just needs a little extra oomph, maybe moving it from 45% charge to 50% and thus enough to crank a starter.  And if you are trying to power a small inverter instead of the starter for a mega-diesel, those little lithium packs are plenty for short term use.  Used one just yesterday to power a small Canon photo printer when we needed to get a physical photo off somebody's phone when we were well away from any 120v source.  Worked like a charm!

I have 2 of these miniature jumper/starter. I put one to use on my big motorcycle with a totally dead battery. It took a whole of about 20 seconds hooked-up and started the bike with no problem. Never tried on a car but they claim it will work. I now have one on my RV and hope I never have to use it.

Larry N. said:

I can vouch for the 20,000 mAh capacity....I had my iPad Pro nearly fully dead (it was down to 5%) and I hooked it up over night on the Audew.  I believe my iPad has a 11,000 mah battery.  When I woke up in the morning the battery was fully charged on the iPad and I had 33% batter remaining in the Audew.  I would say that is pretty darn good.  I could have still charged up my iPhone 2-3 times. 

The battery cables are smaller compared to traditional cables but remember they are very short and the materials inside the cables are such that they allow a ton of power delivery very efficiently and reliably. 

If someone is jump starting vehicles every week then maybe this isn't the device for them.  If they are wanting something that can be used to the occasional jump start while enjoying all the conveniences of the other features this device brings then it may just be your ticket. 

Honestly I cannot remember the last time I had to jump start one of my vehicles.  I have a couple occasions where I had to help a neighbor and his lawn tractor or the insurance adjuster for hail damage to our house.  I still see this as an important safety/convenience device to carry in my truck and while I'm not using it to jump start vehicles I get to use it as a flashlight and back up battery pack for our other electronics. 

Just my $.02. 

My little $79 Harbor Freight Lit/ion battery-pack jump started my Chevy Astro Van up without any car battery.

I've used it several times to jump start cars without recharging it.

I love that thing.  :)) :))

Back
Top Bottom