Multiplex Switches and Wiring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlGriefer

Does anyone know any technical details about the multiplex wiring system that Monaco uses in newer coaches?  Specifically the manufacturer or even the name of it.

It's my understanding that the assignment of switches is made by a program over a serial link to the controller, but the only place you can get that done is at a Monaco service center.

Al

Al,

I'd be interested in any answers you get. Although multiplex technology has been around for many years, it's relatively new in RVs. From what I've read elsewhere, dealers don't understand much about it and can't help.

Each switch is given a unique ID and addressed via a bus, but I have no idea what they're using as a controller or if/how it can be programmed. I'm assuming you're thinking about how you might add more switches (?)

Maybe Jerry F would be willing and able to tap one of his contacts at the factory.

Tom said:
Al,

I'd be interested in any answers you get. Although multiplex technology has been around for many years, it's relatively new in RVs. From what I've read elsewhere, dealers don't understand much about it and can't help.

Each switch is given a unique ID and addressed via a bus, but I have no idea what they're using as a controller or if/how it can be programmed. I'm assuming you're thinking about how you might add more switches (?)

Maybe Jerry F would be willing and able to tap one of his contacts at the factory.

Most of the coaches with multiplex switches have quite a few "spare" switches.  The problem is that there's no easy way for an owner to re-assign them, at least in Monaco coaches.  Prevost will reassign them over a cellular link they have built in to their coaches.

I'm hoping if there's a simple way to program them, we'll be able to do it ourselves.  ;D

Al

AlGriefer said:
Prevost will reassign them over a cellular link they have built in to their coaches.

Yes, the Marathon folks went to great lengths to show us the other end of the link when we toured the factory.

If anyone can figure out a way to do it, my money would be on you  ;D

Back
Top Bottom