My accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bruce Patterson said:
I hit a school bus last thursday.  The bus came out better than I did.

Bruce,

Ouch!!  Were there kids on board?  Were the lights flashing? Those busses are most likely Bluebirds and they are strong!  Hope it turns out to be "easy"  and not frustrating to fix.
Betty

Bruce Patterson said:
I hit a school bus last thursday.  The bus came out better than I did. 

Bruce,

Never pick on someone who is bigger than you are.  :)

Phil

Ouch.  Good thing you didn't have your trailer attached.  Hope all goes well and repairs are  quick but good.  Hope you are all right.

On posting photos I use a Microsoft power tool called re sizer.  Works very well for me.

OK, More details.  I had to write this up for the office since I was on official travel, so I'll save a little time and quote from my report:

This morning while driving from my lodging location to my job site I was traveling southbound on Pennsylvania SR 53 through the boro of Lilly in Cambria Co., PA. I was alone in my vehicle.

In Lilly, the highway makes a left turn then a right turn to continue southbound.  At the right turn (Portage St) there is a  a stop sign that says "STOP Except right turn." I was supposed to turn right at this intersection to continue southbound on SR 53, however I was changing the radio channel and was distracted and didn't make the turn as expected. I was not using my cell phone.  When I went straight through the intersection instead of turning right, I collided with a school bus that was traveling on SR 53 in the opposite direction I was traveling. My right front fender hit the left front fender of the school bus.

After the accident, the Pennsylvania State Police arrived on the scene along with the local volunteer fire department with their EMS team.  The EMS personnel interviewed both drivers and all the passengers of the school bus.  Everyone claimed that they were not injured (including me) and declined any treatment by the EMS team which then left the scene.

Since my vehicle was disabled due to a flat tire and a broken steering linkage, the State Trooper called a tow truck and the volunteer firefighters helped the driver load my vehicle on the flat-bed of the truck.  The trooper informed me that I will receive a citation by mail for failure to stop at a stop sign.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom