My dash air blower in my RV does not work on high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rvfunforlife

Hi I am new to the Forum has anybody out there on the RV Forum know anything about the dash air my blower will not work on high I've changed everything I can think I've changed the relay I put a new resistor and fuse was right I put new – switches in and I still don't have no air on high it works on low and medium but when you turn it on high you don't have anything and when I check the end of the plug for continuity I'm losing my power at the plug end so does this mean I have to run a brand new wire can somebody help me with this post I have a 2002 Itasca Sunrise Winnebago it's got a workhorse chassis on it

Welcome to the Forum. Can't help with your heater-a/c fan. But, I'm sure some of our more knowledgeable members will soon sign in to help.

I'm not sure how you sign in to help or where you go to get the help please advise me thank you for your info

It certainly sounds like a bad fan switch to me. Power for low and medium come from different contacts on that switch, high should be no exception. On my itasca accessing the climate controls are as simple as lifting the dash pod up.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

It certainly sounds like a bad fan switch to me. Power for low and medium come from different contacts on that switch, high should be no exception. On my itasca accessing the climate controls are as simple as lifting the dash pod up.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Thank you for your reply I have already replaced the fan switch I still don't want to work on hi

I checked the SCS control schematic for mine and didn't see a separate fuse for fan high but did see it has an inline chassis cube relay. So if the OP's control is the same and that relay is inop it could explain why just high fan would be out.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

SCS_Cntl.png

Thank you I did get it to work I traced the wir under the dash and to wires that were burnt a little and stuck pulled apart and taped works great now

Thank you I did get it to work I traced the wir under the dash and to wires that were burnt a little and stuck pulled apart and taped works great now
This could start a fire and a much bigger problem. If wires were burnt you likely have a bad ground. Trace the ground wire from the blower to where it grounds and make sure it is tight and not corroded. It also could indicate the blower motor is failing and drawing too much amperage, or the insulation on the hot wire is worn off and making contact with ground somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom