My dog chewed off my blade valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah that would’ve been bad. I’m wondering if there’s some kind of spray I can use to deter my dog

Yeah that would’ve been bad. I’m wondering if there’s some kind of spray I can use to deter my dog
They used to make a pepper spray type stuff. I have also used a mix of tabasco and water brushed on.

TBH chewing in dogs starts at an early age. If you let them "mouth" things when they are young they think it's OK. Does he/she chew other things?

Chewing is also a sign of boredom. My dog's are nuts for rawhides. I buy mediums and give them one each every couple of days.

The coolest think though is a kong. I fill one with peanut butter mixed with peanuts and it will keep my dogs busy for hours.

Yeah...give them something to chew on. In the photo there are 2 chew toys on the floor and look what he goes for. Thank goodness it was just a puppy phase.

Resized_20200926_120740.jpeg

Try bitter apple. It’s a spray, and you should be able to find it where pet foods are sold.

There is a spray. I think we got it at Home Depot, but it may have been a pet store. It did not work for what we were using it for though. It does have a nasty odor when sprayed on, but then again, thinking of some of the stuff dogs eat, it can be a challenge creating something that is supposed to deter them. And I'll just leave it at that!

I know right? My exes dog eats fresh dog poop from her brother. I can’t imagine some apple cider would deter her lol

It’d be news to me if they did. But I don’t know my cats were always outdoor cats

My cat eats anything that is light-colored and fluffy. Also loves shoe laces, Q-Tips, and most any furry thing, e.g. a stuffed animal. She has had two surgeries to remove stuff from her intestines that her bowels couldn't process.

Don't feel bad, a guy on a Truck forum and his dog in the garage ate most plastics on the lower 2 feet of his truck. He repaired and now has a fence in his garage to separate dog from truck.

Don't feel bad, a guy on a Truck forum and his dog in the garage ate most plastics on the lower 2 feet of his truck. He repaired and now has a fence in his garage to separate dog from truck.
A long time ago I lived next door to a guy with a pool. He had a chain link fence with those aluminum privacy inserts in it. My dog used to pull those inserts out of the fence and chew them up. If you dropped a soda can in the back yard, you would find just the ends of the can with the metal in between gone.

A long time ago I lived next door to a guy with a pool. He had a chain link fence with those aluminum privacy inserts in it. My dog used to pull those inserts out of the fence and chew them up. If you dropped a soda can in the back yard, you would find just the ends of the can with the metal in between gone.
Well, Sir, I gotta tell yuh: That ain't no dog you had there. Remember them horns and slit pupil eyes? Remember hearing that weird "bark?" Remember them little hooves? Whatcha had there, sho 'nuff, was a goat!

My dog goes after the plastic lattice I have around the raised deck of my above ground pool. A bird or a squirrel will go in there and he attacks the lattice and destroys it. Right now I have two big pieces of plywood over two areas he has chewed through. Temporary fixes until I can find a better way to go than plastic lattice. I hate to keep replacing that stuff!

Well, Sir, I gotta tell yuh: That ain't no dog you had there. Remember them horns and slit pupil eyes? Remember hearing that weird "bark?" Remember them little hooves? Whatcha had there, sho 'nuff, was a goat!
He was actually a registered wolf hybrid. No slit pupils, just big brown puppy dog eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom