My mail rip-off here in Reno

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that I must live a charmed life! Over the years, we have had very little problem with the USPS, but for one occasion about 10 years ago. At present we have an outstanding mail carrier, but the substitutes who work when he is off are only rated as fair.
I'm kinda like you. When I was 20 I blew a knee cartilage out. Workman comp and was determined I was to get a payout, about enough for a night of wine, women and song. Tossed the letter in the drawer and forgot about it, about 6 months later I discovered it and started the search for it with the State and PO. Took maybe four weeks and I get a new check, three days later the original showed up. Was either lost in the PO or the state never mailed it.

I do get an occasional piece of mail for the neighbor and them mine. No big deal, we just swap them out. Overall I'm happy with my Post Office.

Any mail thief is a serious federal crime. Up to five years in a federal prison and a fine of up to a quarter million bucks.

But I wonder what the minimum penalty is. . . . .Perhaps a ten buck fine and back on the street in ten minutes?

-Don- Reno, NV
Daughter had he mail lifted from the box on the house. Guy washed her outgoing checks and tried to cash at a shady place. They knew the guy was trouble so they stalled him. The police tried to contact her but couldn't and I was listed on her account so they contacted me. Forgotten the details but I think he was released the same day due to some technicality. This was 20 years ago in Albuquerque.

I just now called the VA. They have to first notify my doc and then I will pick up the medications at the local VA here in Reno, just a few miles from here.

And easy to park close, as they have a motorcycle parking area.

-Don- Reno, NV

Sorry if anyone is a postal worker here but most of them suck. I have a credit card and I've got my son set up with it. It's a simple WaWa card gets paid rite away if it's used. My sin used it and lost the receipt so he waited for the bill. It never came and got forgotten, I saw a WaWa envelope checked it and it had late fees and all I called them balled them out told them our mail guys suck but so do they because they send out a bill that comes a few days before due but it's paid anyway. The biggie was my credit score. Because of that my score went from 823 to like 706. I went nuts, but the point I'm making is the mail system and people suck big time and if you try to talk to them wow are they ignorant.

because they send out a bill that comes a few days before due
I have all by bills set up online on my computers. I go through all my (many) credit cards weekly to make sure that are all paid in full. I also check to make sure I see nothing unusual. I have no need to see any of the bills by snail mail.

-Don- Reno, NV

I have all by bills set up online on my computers. I go through all my (many) credit cards weekly to make sure that are all paid in full. I also check to make sure I see nothing unusual. I have no need to see any of the bills by snail mail.

-Don- Reno, NV
I check my bank and credit card accounts online once or twice a week, just to make sure nothing "extra" got added. Only happened twice in the past 10 years, but it also only takes like 5 minutes a week to check.

Sorry if anyone is a postal worker here but most of them suck. I have a credit card and I've got my son set up with it. It's a simple WaWa card gets paid rite away if it's used. My sin used it and lost the receipt so he waited for the bill. It never came and got forgotten, I saw a WaWa envelope checked it and it had late fees and all I called them balled them out told them our mail guys suck but so do they because they send out a bill that comes a few days before due but it's paid anyway. The biggie was my credit score. Because of that my score went from 823 to like 706. I went nuts, but the point I'm making is the mail system and people suck big time and if you try to talk to them wow are they ignorant.
I frequently check my cards on line and pay them that way. Current balance on my credit card is less than the current balance on my SMALLEST bank account and tomorrow.. payday Payday So you know what is happening to the Credit card balance the end of the month.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
afshan
Back
Top Bottom