My new RV is a . . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know of at least one new unit that Entegra purchased back because it was so poorly constructed.
Perhaps every model of every vehicle ever made has had a few lemons. That is why we have "lemon laws" .

But I am curious what the problems were in that "poorly constructed" Entegra so I will know what I should look for.

And was it a 2022 Vision 27A that had these issues?

-Don- Auburn, CA

Nice looking Class A. Enjoy!

I notice the 7.3L V8 in the specs that Ray Provided. I had a friend buy a Forest River 3R3- 2021 Class A model.

It has the same V8 engine I believe.

Why is the RV industry moving away from the 305-hp 6.8L V10 SEFI Triton® engine?

Recall link below..

JD

Last edited:
It's not the RV industry, it's Ford MotorCo. and the F53 commercial chassis. There are some good advantages to the godzilla V8.

I know of at least one new unit that Entegra purchased back because it was so poorly constructed.
Happens occasionally to all manufacturers.
I just bought 2018 Winnebago Sightseer 36z that was "bought back" by Winnebago. Through some personal aquaintances, I was able to find out who the dissatified owner was and made contact with him about the issues he had experienced.
Winnebago would not disclose what work had been done on the coach, saying it was confidential.
Original owner had the coach for 1 1/2 years, had several issues taken care of in the first 9 months of ownership at Winnebago and the next 9 months were trouble free. He was dissatified, in general, and was in the market for a higher end coach. Went to great lengths to get Winnebago to take it back.
I feel I got a ve3ry good deal. Time will tell.

I am supposed to pick up my new motorhome on Wednesday the 15th. It's 100% paid for and all that.

But they told me at first they check out every RV in their shop, new or not, before they release them. I am in no hurry, so I have no issue with that. But I was thinking what problems are likely in a new RV?

Well, they discovered the automatic levelling jacks are not working at all in my new RV. So they look under, and they find the harness for the levelling jacks ripped apart. How this happened, they cannot even guess, but it had to happen before they received my new motorhome.

So they order a new harness under the warranty. But it has not yet been received. They are not sure when it will be received, it could be any day, even today. They say it only takes a few minutes to replace, not really a big deal.

They told me that I can still pick it up on Wednesday if I want and they can replace the harness at another time, I just won't have the levelling jacks (I really don't see why I should even need them). I guess that will depend on when they expect the harness to come in.

But how often do they find things wrong with new RVs? I assume it must be fairly often if they bring every one they sell into the service department to be checked out. Does that happen everywhere when one purchases a NEW RV?

My appointment is still on for Wednesday (two more days) regardless if I decide to pick it up or not. That is because they want to go over every little detail about the motorhome with me so I am sure to know how to operate it all.

I do have all the books for it here. Quite a few of them. I will be reading those as well.

The place I purchased my RV from is this place, in Sparks. Less than ten miles from here.

-Don- Reno, NV

That should be part of the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) - You will be part of that and have opportunity to see all systems work. Make sure they go over EVERYTHING with you. The last one we did was in excess of 3 hours; and we doing another, tomorrow, on our recently purchased unit.

That should be part of the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) - You will be part of that and have opportunity to see all systems work. Make sure they go over EVERYTHING with you. The last one we did was in excess of 3 hours; and we doing another, tomorrow, on our recently purchased unit.
More than 3 hours? I wonder how much of that I will remember. Perhaps I should bring a large notebook!

OTOH, I have all the books here to study in advance.

I assume that will make me ask a few questions here.

-Don- Reno, NV

I would not take delivery until everything is working properly. I spent a week doing the PDI on my used Journey. (And it was used). I would find something; they would take the coach, fix it, bring it back. Next day same drill.
I have seen many war stories about very shoddy or no service after you take delivery right here on this forum. Get it right before you take it.

It has a 1200 watt pure sinewave converter. A Xantrex Freedom X 1200.

It also has a WineGard ConnecT 2.0. I never heard of that before. Anybody here have one? I assume it has a monthly fee, if so how much?

-Don- Reno, NV
It is a Cell phone and in-motion internet range extender, yes it requires purchasing a data-plan, call and ask for rates. Would be great for watching streaming RV programs.

IMO that initial $389 initial cost is cheaper than virtually all aftermarket high quality range extenders.

It has a 1200 watt pure sinewave inverter. A Xantrex Freedom X 1200.
With a 1600 watt MW oven. Not that it will matter to me as I will put in the 2nd DC system with a lith converter, lith battery, and a 5KW (but is a MSW) inverter. I already have all the stuff, except I will need to buy another lith battery unless I want to move the 300 AH lith from my old RV.

The above 5KW inverter I purchased in a pawn shop here in Reno for $80.00. And it was in the box, as if new and unused. I tested it and it works fine. I couldn't pass up that deal, several years ago, even though I didn't need it.

I will probably want a smaller lith battery for the new RV, I have to see what I have room to hide and such first.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom