My pet peeve = grammar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I despise people texting that say UR for you are, and on top of that it should be your.

asking someone how far a destination is and have them reply with "oh about 2 hours"
I wish they would do that with hiking trail signs! Some use "as the crow flies" and others use the real walking distance. We have to guess which. The time it takes an average person would be a good thing to use.

Sometime take the two mile hike to Hop Valley from Zion Canyon (Zion Nat'l Park) . Sign clearly says "two miles to Hop Valley". Allow a full day for that two miles as the trail keeps on going around a hill before it gets there. It really is two miles for the crow, several times that for human feet.

Also, straight uphill for miles will have the same issue. That is only a few horizonal feet for the crow.

-Don- Reno, NV

I cringe when someone says they're going to "sale" something. "If I can't use it, I'll just sale it on-line".

Mine..

asking someone how far a destination is and have them reply with "oh about 2 hours"

shakes head..
My kids, who live in Yosemite, did that when I asked them how far they were from Bishop. Had to drive it myself to get the actual mileage.

Mine..

shakes head..
I once was talking to someone in California when she started to laugh and said I must be Canadian. I asked what was her first clue, she replied I had expressed distance in travel time. We do it all the time.

Or when a doctor ask the patient how long have you felt this way? And the patient replies, quite a while instead of 2 weeks or something else.

Or when a doctor ask the patient how long have you felt this way? And the patient replies, quite a while instead of 2 weeks or something else.
Not a lot of sympathy for doctors... Especially when they start with...

"What seems to be the problem?"
"Uhhh... After 12 years of med school I was kinda hoping you'd tell me."

My older brother has been complaining of chronic and severe lower back pain for 3 months. Doctor has just been upping his opioid medicines. We siblings finally convinced him to force the issue with the doctor. MRI - 0.9cm kidney stone! In Yankee units that's almost half an inch!

Quack, quack...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom