My wife made me register

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotSmart

I will start the introduction with the statement that I ain?t right. My wife and I are some of the founding members of the YARC. The you ain?t right club. We have been full timers for a while.

I came to this forum because we are looking to move up to a class A Newmar, and need some advice unavailable in our regular vandwellerforum.

I started out in a converted conversion B250 short van with my cat. He is now 17, and runs the home. I have a lot of knowledge about solar, but I am too broken to do it professionally.

I will be starting a thread after I read through the existing ones asking pertinent questions about what we are looking for.

John

darsben said:
Uncle Sam made you register. Your wife strongly suggested you register.
Welcome!

No, I was born during the few years that had no registration. My wife served, but due to bone problems they did not want me.

We currently winter in Quartzite and summer in Kentucky so we can get the last details done for year round travel.

A lot of us go to Q during the Big Show and gather there. Usually 25 to 30 camping units.
Hope you join us next year.

I like that YARC... I'm fond of saying many RV'ers have a few screws loose.

But usually I am speaking of the RV not the RVer  (Like the ones in the breaker box :).

We have YARC camp in Laposa south, complete with a flag.  Perhaps we can have a get together.

Currently there are about 10 to 15 units  at a time as people cycle through on there way through to the next place.

Welcome to the RV Forum John,

I've been told many times in my life....'You just ain't right'....Follow by me replying ...Thank you.

We're going to winter in Quartzsite again this year also.  My wife likes her utilities though, so we're going to stay at Park Place out on Riggles Ave.
Welcome to the zoo.

GotSmart said:
We have YARC camp in Laposa south, complete with a flag.  Perhaps we can have a get together.

Currently there are about 10 to 15 units  at a time as people cycle through on there way through to the next place.
Until you posted this I thought the YARC comment was just a personal thing your wife told you  ;D . Then I did a search and see it is associated with the site ?CheapRVLiving?. Even if you are staying with another group, drop by the RVForum site. Saturday of the Big Tent show we have a pot luck. We stay in the Tyson Wash area across the road from La Posa South.

UTTransplant said:
Until you posted this I thought the YARC comment was just a personal thing your wife told you  ;D . Then I did a search and see it is associated with the site ?CheapRVLiving?. Even if you are staying with another group, drop by the RVForum site. Saturday of the Big Tent show we have a pot luck. We stay in the Tyson Wash area across the road from La Posa South.

We are now at Vandwellersforum.com  The current YARC thread there is even bigger. We moved forums because Bob went commercial and we didn?t want to cause problems by being ourselves.  His forum, his rules. We have his lead moderators visit us during the RTR.  No problems, we are all friends.

Laposa North has a lot of interesting things to see. The old Coombs cabin, and further south the cave, petroglyphs, and grinding rocks.

Dripping Springs is one of my favorite trips out in the desert. We are looking to upgrade our UTV to a 4 passenger as my wife loves to give tours. Last year we ended up bringing a huge quartz rock into camp. That is a good story.

Since we both have trouble walking, the big tent was not on the agenda. Hopefully this winter we will be able to get there earlier than last year. 

Back
Top Bottom