NADA pricing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

durangotreasure

Hello, I've been searching for a class C used RV for months now, and whenever I check what NADA pricing is, people are asking 2-3 thousand dollars more than what NADA' high retail value is.  Am I looking in the wrong place or is this the nature of the beast?
Any ideas in this area are welcomed.  I've been on rvtrader.com, rvtraderonline.com, rvarea, yada,yada yada, and the prices by private parties are always so much higher than NADA.
thank you

To begin with, it has been my experience that NADA prices are higher than the Kelly Blue Book, which most lending institutions use. So, if someone is higher than NADA they are really high.

I looked for a motorhome for almost two years before I finally found one I liked, at the price I wanted to pay. I found mine on ebay and then drove almost 200 miles to see it before I made a bid. I have found that if you watch what various recreational vehicles sell for on ebay you will start to get an idea of their true worth. Remember, something is only worth what someone else will pay for it--regardless of what some book says it's value is.

People always have an inflated idea of what their possessions are worth, but reality finally sets in when it doesn't sell. Then they either keep it and plant flowers in it or lower the price.

If you find a vehicle that you like, make an offer that you feel is fair. Then stick to your guns. If you don't get the first one another will come along. I made over 10 offers on ebay before I finally found one I liked at a fair price.

Woody

Back
Top Bottom