Name of Cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don Jensen

I saw a discussion somewhere on the different forums about a type of cooker that uses boiling water within a vacuum.  You set the food in the pot, add boiling water and seal.  The name Fogar, Frogar, or something close to it comes to mind.  I've done searches here and can't find it. 

Don

There are pressure cookers but no cooker uses boiling water within a vacuum  If you boil water within a sealed container you will not have vacuum, you will have pressure.

Now: That said I have seen a system that uses both pressure and vacuum at different points in a pasteurization cycle  First it heated the product (milk in this case) to a specific temperature for a specific amount of time and then you removed the sealed container from the heater and put it under cold running water for another period of time, this created the vacuum to finish the cycle.

But if you are boiling water in a closed container, you won't have vacuum, you will have pressure

Check out "Pressure Cookers"

By the way, the company name you are looking for is FAGOR

http://www.fagorpressurecookers.com/

I found what I was looking for under the term "vacuum cooking pots".  They are not pressure cookers either, just a well insulated double pot that you boil the water first and then put it inside the other pot with a good seal.  Tempurature is guaranteed to be at least 156F after 6 hours.

Yes, if you seal the pot after putting in boiling water and let it cool it will form a vacuum.  In the root post I thought you were boiling water in the pot after sealing it.    I don't know that the vacuum does anything, Unless the pot is in fact a vacuum bottle (Thermos bottles are vacuum bottles)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom