Nathens going around the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
Friday, Laurie and I went to the port of Camden, NJ, to see Terry & Liliane Nathen. They are on their final leg of a round the world cruse as passengers on a freighter that started in October and will end around the 20th of this month. They have experienced a typhoon off Asia and have traversed both the Suez and Panama Canals, been adrift off Flordia Keys for 6 1/2 hours with an unscheduled engine shutdown and repair, and most importantly are still talking to each other and enjoying the trip.

Attached are a couple of photos of their ship docking in Camden.

Chet18013

Attachments

• Rickmer Tokyo 1.jpg
    Rickmer Tokyo 1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Rickmers Tokyo 2.jpg
    Rickmers Tokyo 2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 54
Glad they're having a great trip!  And glad they're still speaking.  ;) ;)

ArdraF

Ken,

I received an email from Terry talking about not being boardered by pirates. The ship behind them was boarded and lost quite a bit of their cargo. Pirates are still alive and well throughout the world!!! I had a cousin who, with her  husband, traveled exclusively on freighters. They loved it as they, many times, were the only passengers and had an extremely relaxing voyage. I've thought about it myself. ;D

And you should see their German motorhome with the car inside.
We met them twice last year, the second time when their freighter stopped in Antwerp.
Now we hope to see them in July with Chet & Lori.

Roger,

Liliane sent me photos when they first got their motorhome. Really quite elegant. Hope to see it in person someday. :)

Jim,

I agree.  It's time the Nathans came back across the pond so we can see them again.

ArdraF

We have a few photos of the Nathan's Euro coach in our photo gallery. You can also click the Photos button in the toolbar above. That's quite a motorhome, toad and moving garage they have. We were hoping they'd be bringing it to the USA this year, but it sounds like it will be 2008.

Thanks for the update Chet. I met the Nathans when they visited down under a year or so back. We had a great drive down south to do some wineries hopping. They had a ball.

Terry told us that they investigated to travel in the USA withtheir coach. If the cost of the transport wasn't too expensive, the insurance FOR the transport was prohibitive.
And as wine cellar hopping  down under doesn't surprise anybody who knows Terry.

rogerpotie said:
And as wine cellar hopping  down under doesn't surprise anybody who knows Terry.
Roger, I found the post where I had described our trip down to the Southern Vale Wineries. Maybe you might like to check out our little drive. We had a great time and I am hopeful we can do it again one day.

Ian,

Thank you.

Here is a photo of Terry & Liliane during their stop in Antwerp.

Attachments

• PICT0085.JPG
    PICT0085.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom