Necessities for Camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kozmosis

My wife and I just brought home our first RV.  Actually a Hybrid TT.  We have started a list of things that we need for the camper, like pots, silverware, etc.  We got the start up kit with the purchase.  It contained a 25' hose, sewer line, tank treatment and one roll of TP.

What items are absolutely necessary out side of what I have listed and clothes, towels, food, etc. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on the purchase.

Here's a list of supplies that was created from suggestions of forum members. Since you're not planning on fulltiming, many of the items will not apply and you can just ignore them.

Edit: The above link has been changed to reflect a simplified version of the original list.

Ye katz Tom Jones!  I've been trailering for ten years.  If I loaded all that stuff in my poor liddle trailer, the tires would pop. No wonder you guys have 40 motorhomes.  ;D

Look at the list for suggestions, cherry pick! 

LOL Carl, a number of those items came from fulltimers, which is why I suggested ignoring those items.

Carl Lundquist said:
Ye katz Tom Jones!? ?I've been trailering for ten years.? ?If I loaded all that stuff in my poor liddle trailer, the tires would pop. No wonder you guys have 40 motorhomes.? ?;D

Look at the list for suggestions, cherry pick!?

"Above all else, staff member Carl suggests you pack a sense of humor and remember that even horror stories have a silver lining - they make good campfire stories."

I like the last part  ;D

The list is a good reference but the best list for you is the one you invent.? Take a short trip to a local campground for a long weekend and you will learn what you need ... but worse ... what you want ... which is the expensive part of RVing. :D By the way, one of the neat things about Rving is learning how little you really need and how to use what you have.

Rollie said:
....the best list for you is the one you invent. ....

That's good advice Rollie and is pretty much what we've done over the years.

RV Roamer said:
And how does a newcomer know which items are necesities and which ones are simply nice to have?

Care to take a crack at breaking it into two lists - one for the newcomer/part timer and one for the fulltimer?

Tom said:
Care to take a crack at breaking it into two lists - one for the newcomer/part timer and one for the fulltimer?

I'll give it a try and post the results in Admin for tearing apart.

Remember there are necessities and there are nice-ities.  ;D ;D

Heck Jeff I'm to old dumb and stubborn to recognize the difference.  Smoky made it back and will probably start on the airwaves tomorrow some time.  His water heater is still leaking after the factory supposedly fixed it. 

Thanks to Carl for simplifying the list of supplies to those appropriate for the newcomer. Here's the new list.
[edit]Link update[/edit]

Back
Top Bottom