need a collapsible antenna mast for my panaroma 4x4 mimo 4g/5g directional antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chovy

Anyone got any recommendations? I don't want to put anything fastened to the trailer, just looking for an easy to setup/takedown tripod antenna mast.

i'm not sure how heavy the panorama 4x4 mimo antenna is, it would need to hold that.

antenna: Panorama Indoor/Outdoor 4x4 MiMo 4G/5G Directional Antenna - 16' Cables : 5Gstore.com

tripod: i'm considering this one but its got a lot of screws and fasteners, I was hoping for something super easy to setup and take down.

that's an expensive antenna. I suggest you look at this one. HERE

for a mast, I have a 25ft version HERE

I made a mount and clamp assembly at the rear of the rv, takes but a minute to mount/dismount

A bit of "bulk" to that antenna. How high up do you want to go? Not attaching to the RV will make this a bit more complex. I do a lot of portable antenna setups and when I'm in the RV attaching to the ladder, awning arm, slide, etc makes it a slam dunk. I use a painter pole on the ladder for my Ubiquiti. Quick, sturdy, cheap, easy.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Last edited:
I was just looking for something I can set on the ground and collapse for storage.

Given that the subject antenna uses frequencies that rely on line of sight it would be my guess you'd want it above your RV. Having played this game for a while it works out that the structure needed to elevate an antenna from on the roof is usually less substantial than one from on the ground, which then has to extend above the roof. Basically, you're at negative 12 or 13 feet or so starting out on the ground vs the rooftop. Self supporting adds another variable which for a few feet is easy, 15 feet or more is a lot harder. You already have a several thousand pound "base" with you from which to support something, so that's the path I usually take. There are clamps and fastening gadgets that can preclude you from having to climb onto the roof, deploying a mast from ground level if you like. I also use drive-on mast bases, and pivot assemblies that fit into a hitch receiver which obviate the need for a tripod and in some cases guys. If this antenna is something you use all the time and you have something like the wineguard batwing you could entertain mounting it to that and deploying it as needed.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

As a mast I used a sunsetter telescoping flagpole. Save on flag flying days

There are better ones out ther as well but I suspect overkill for your needs

Some companies that sell masts
Gigaparts (Dot com)
Ham Radio Outlet (hro dot com)
DX Engineerng
Main Trading company (Do not know the URL)

These companies all supply ham radio operators HRO has stores around the country Main traiding is in TX DX Engineering in Ohio NOt sure where GigaParts is from and I buy from 'em

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom