Need a self maintenance mentor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

I just finished reading the thread about "Question for a Monaco or Cummins tech".

I am very impressed with the knowledge on this forum and how many of you guys save money by doing some of your own maintenance.

I am hoping some day at a rally (maybe QZ) someone would take an hour or so of their time and go over my coach with me.  Show me some things I could do for myself.  What fluid changes i could handle, what filters i could change myself, etc?

I used to do a lot of work on my boat, including changing manifolds, starters, heads, generators, etc.  But I am still pretty bashful about digging into my diesel apparatus.  I would be grateful to anyone who could give me a jump start on this.

Tom

Administrator
Here's just the guy to mentor you Smoky. Heck, he's so efficient he even has parts left over when he's done with the work.

Alternatively, you could take lessons from the forum barefoot mechanic, seen here servicing his coach.

I used to do a lot of work on my boat...

Were your boat(s) gas or diesel? If diesel, the coach will be a breeze. If gas, you still have a jump on it Smoky.

FWIW I recently conducted some hands-on familiarization of servicing diesel boats for a couple of guys who previously had experience with diesel trucks and RVs. Boats have some maintenance issues that RVs don't and vice versa. But I don't pretend to be as familiar with this stuff as some folks here.

BTW we have a few maintenance articles in our library, but this topic reminds me we need to add more, preferably illustrated ones.

Terry A. Brewer

Smoky

>>I am hoping some day at a rally (maybe QZ) someone would take an hour or so of their time and go over my coach with me<<

I'll be glad to show you at he QZ Rally....Just make sure you have some cover-alls.<G>

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
I appreciate your confidence Tom.  We'll see what we can do at QZ, but I can think of a few guys in the group that can probably outdo me pretty quick.

Smoky

Ron and Terry, I would be tickled if you or anyone else can look my coach over and show me the things I can reasonably learn to take care of myself.  Tom, my boat engine was a 460 Ford gas.

Top Bottom