Need a simple, SIMPLE GPS.....please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been using the 785 for 2 yrs and it still makes me wish I had the rand.
One thing I wish it had was adjustable ETA. I think Garmin newer one'side do
should have been
I think Garmin newer ones do have adj. eta

My diesel 770 has settings to configure your average driving speeds on different road classes, i.e. interstates, highways, etc. I have my settings so the ETA is vairly accurate. It chages the ETA based on stops and other traffic issues.

Last edited:
My TomTom automatically adjusts the ETA. At the start of the trip, it'll give you an arrival time. I think it probably uses the speed limits to calculate this. If you consistently drive under the limit(as I usually do in the motor home), you'll notice the arrival time get later. Same if you stop for lunch or gas. If you speed(sometimes I transfer the GPS to the Jeep)you can knock minutes off the arrival time.
No need to "set" anything.

My TomTom automatically adjusts the ETA. At the start of the trip, it'll give you an arrival time. I think it probably uses the speed limits to calculate this. If you consistently drive under the limit(as I usually do in the motor home), you'll notice the arrival time get later. Same if you stop for lunch or gas. If you speed(sometimes I transfer the GPS to the Jeep)you can knock minutes off the arrival time.
No need to "set" anything.
Yes my 785 does that, they probably all do.
This would start out with your driving style so it would give you a good arrival time if you made extra stops it would add more time.

This was not something that had to be programed every time you started a trip it was set and forget mostly

Back
Top Bottom