NEED ADVICE: 1997 Roadtrek Versatile question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasawills

Seems like a great deal on Craigslist. Private seller, 2 owners, carfax report clean, 1997 Roadtrek 190 Versatile 69,000 miles with newly replaced air conditioner. well maintained for $18,000 obo. Thought I would offer $16,000 1st
im new to RVing and would like to take grandkids camping. I am 60 yrs young but do wonder about reliabilty on an older model RV. I don't want to spend more than $25,000. Could this be a nice choice for a starter RV without a huge investment.
  I want a B van that will hold 4 people (2 adults,2 grandkids) so think I am limited in choices.
I will meet him tomorrow morning . I need quick reponses, thank you

2 adults, 2 grandkids, a Roadtrek class B, oh my.  I hope you love them all very dearly. 
$25k would be an awfully nice class C, and IMO would be a much better choice, especially for a first timer.  Seems the Class B's are for the die hard adventure seekers, that want a small footprint, and 1-2 tops sleeping inside..  Understand you might have your reasons, fair enough, to answer your question, a 1997 well maintained, people run around in much older RV's all the time.  Are you somewhat handy?  Seems the older they get, the more fine tuning they continually need.

We have have similar vintage Roadtrek 210 popular. (190 =19?, 210=21?) Works very well for wife and me. Can?t imagine four people in it on an overnight trip though.  Roadtreks hold value amazingly well. If it doesn?t work for you, you might actually make money on it.
  These units use  a $100-$200 7500 btu household window AC, so a new one doesn?t really add much value. They really bury the generators in those things so a good running gen is a major plus. I was able to modify ours so carb, fuel pump,control board,coil, spark plug, and ect. can be accessed and changed without removing unit.
  These units are built on either a Chevy or Dodge 1 ton construction van chassis, so they are built tough. Ride, handing, mpg (15-16), and livability in ours is amazing and we are pleased. We came from a class A to this class B.

thank you for all the helpful information. Thinking at this time it is too rushed but will use this as my first lesson in my search. I think I will learn more
about them and wait until things are a little more settled in my life

Not knowing how much or often you would like to camp? 
but renting an RV is a great way to get out, see if you / everyone likes it, and get your feet wet with the adventure.

Back
Top Bottom