Need Advice - Need to make decision soon re buying used trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dacker

Hello,

I have a nice home on 15 acres in a pleasant neighborhood.  My adult son needs to regroup.  He does better if he has space and privacy.  I am at the age where I had been thinking of getting a lightweight trailer for me for weekends, etc.  I have a Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel.

I would like to look for a used good quality trailer under $10,000 that would be decent for my son to live in with good heat and insulation.  We are in CA Sierra foothills.  Occasionally down to 25 degrees, not often.  Usually low in the 30's, highs in the 50-60's.  This will be temporary.  Maybe 6 months and then I hope to use the trailer myself for outings.

I want something that is not too worn, decent quality, pleasant to live in.  My son will take good care of it.

Thanks

Yes.  It will be close to the house.  He can use inside bathrooms.  Yes on propane and electricity.  I will have to walk a line on having a trailer her for a while but it will be completely out of sight (long driveway) and I will speak to neighbors who are supportive.  If it gets tight, he will be go on a few unanticipated vacations to parks locally.  Not all bad.  We are buying time while he regroups and gets housing.

He will even have wireless, cable and nice laundry room.  Not bad.

Back
Top Bottom