Need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garzar

We are looking to buy a Class C 1996 Fleetwood 35 foot Pace Arrow, model # 35U.  Does anyone out there have some info on safety ratings for this unit?  RV Consumers has a rating system that allows consumers to get unbiased info on important safety issues for different models of RV's.  Does anyone have any info on this model for me?  Thank you for your time...

35' Class C  Didn't know they made one and if they did it's probably far to heavy for the Chassis.  I can see it in a Class A fut not a C

NADA lists this unit as a Class A.  No Class C Pace Arrow listed in any year.
Joe

I am quite sure you are looking at a Class A Pace arrow. We owned a 1998 model 37S and it was a great coach for us.

Buying used means dealing with whatever issues exist when you make the deal and every RV dealer I've dealt with with sells as/is or offers a very limited warranty so it behooves you to insure the coach has been inspected and all issues resolved before you pay for the vehicle. The Forum also has a checklist in the Library for buying a used RV to help.

By "safety ratings" are you talking about crash tests?  Unforunately I don't think there is as much focus on crash performance with MH's as there is now with cars/trucks/SUVs.  I'm not sure if there are actual numbers out there... I know there are not for kids' carseats which is a topic that we've discussed here in the recent past.  But with any rig, keep in mind you will *much* taller, bigger, and heavier than most of the other vehicles out there on the road.  By pure physics that means you will likely come out on top of any potential collision with another vehicle.

Class A being the right unit, We have a 98 Pace Arrow with tag axle and 460 plus a Banks Pak.  Love it.  It's never failed to do anything we have asked of it.  Would love to have an American Dream but with the service we get from the Pacer and no more mileage than we put on it,  Can't justify spending the money when we really like what we have.    Hope this helps.

any particular reason you are looking for that year and model? I can understand budget, and you may have seen one of these same rv's and decided that's what you want. I would suggest you consider some other models also - there are a LOT of models out there, and if you make a list of what it is about that Pace Arrow you like so much, you'll be that much a better and smarter shopper if you get to a dealer or private sale.
When my wife and I started looking 10 years ago, all I knew for sure was that I wanted the Ford 460, and not the old Chevy 454.
we didn't know much else, but we ended up with a nice 1991 class C Tioga, one owner, retired military.
we have had it for about 9 years now, and plan on keeping it about 4 more years, and then we'll shop again.
good luck - remember, shopping is fun!
it's all the repair and maintenance bills over the years that take the toll on the owners, but still very worth it.

Back
Top Bottom