Need best travel route to NW pulling a 40ft. 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seattle is an absolutely horrible place right now. Traffic is outrageous about 22 hours a day. The north cascades are pretty as is the Olympics. Sadly there is not a whole lot of coast access except long beach penisular. Personally I would suggest getting up to hwy 2 from Spokane and take that west. From there you have a good chance of missing Seattle, at least until you decide to head south. I5 south and Olympia you can turn west toward the coast. BTW Sept is getting kind of late for the PNW. So be prepared for anything
Thank you for the info. We are re-thinking going up there, as you said RIGHT NOW!

We were in the PNW August/September 2019 and it was very nice. Be prepared for humidity, that was the least pleasant thing for me as our trailer constantly felt damp, yuk.

Also it was much busier than I expected it to be. Obviously Seattle folks head that way any opportunity they get.
Thanks for the info. Please see response to Donn

Thanks for the info. I agree it's the downside that worries me. When you have a 40ft. trailer helping push you down.
Here is a good place to start with how to handle the hills:

Back
Top Bottom