Need boondocking info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome,

I boondock almost exclusively, but don't know of any books.. LOL

I would suggest you join Campendium, i'm a member ( it's free btw ).. and find the site very useful.
they list state parks, BLM, national parks etc...

Try Harvest Hosts and Boondockers Welcome. Both have websites. Hope this helps.

We use Campendium some, but I prefer AllStays Camp&RV. There are others too like iOverlander. We also belong to Boondockers Welcome, but that is really just for a night or two along the way, not as a destination. BLM and NFS websites have good information about land in their jurisdiction.

Don't forget Ultimate campground guide web site, they have lots of free camping, and low cost camping locations listed, though not really boondocking, as most are in campgrounds of one type or another, some even with hookups for free.

I use freecampsites.net You have to watch that one though, depending on the size of your rig. A lot of listings are suitable for van campers that I can't get to with my 37' Class A.

Dlwfarms52,
There is already a small terminology issue here.
By boondocking, do you mean real boondocking as in staying someplace with no pavement nearby and only fresh air is in walking distance?
Or are you just looking for places that don't charge you to sleep there?
Nobody will tell you where there are good boondocking places, we keep those secret.
Free over night parking is easy, and those are listed above.
Matt -

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlie13
Back
Top Bottom