Need Curtain Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bohacks

I recently purchased a small 65 Shasta equipped with standard curtain brackets and rods. The problem is my little kids keep taking them off. I am looking for some sort of system similar to the way the awnings work where I can install a rail or track on the wall and slide the curtains in or perhaps slide hooks on the rail and sew grommets on the curtain. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas???

One possibility I've seen a few years ago would be to get like a door closer spring that is 3 or 4" shorter, run it thru the curtain pocket and screw the ends of the spring to the wall. With the spring a bit short, it wil tend to keep the top of the curtain straight, and you can still slide the curtains back and forth, and the curtain climbers (or cookie crunches as the case may be) will not be able to remove the curtains without a screwdriver.

Larry

We have a sign in our rig: "Pets are welcome; children must be leashed".  As you can guess, we can tell we no longer have our children with us when we travel.

But do your children do that at home too? Seems to me some discipline is called for. And what about the knobs on the gas stove, electrical switches, power cords, etc.?  ???  Well, I guess that's your business and not mine.

Are they removing the curtain from the rod of the rod from the brackets?  Not all standard curtain rods are removable without tools. The typical draw types usually have a lock device or a screw holding the rod to the bracket, so kids probably won't be able to easily remove it. But if you have the cafe-type rod that simply slides through a pocket in the curtain, then you would probably have to replace the curtains with another type to use a draw rod..

RV Roamer said:
We have a sign in our rig: "Pets are welcome; children must be leashed".  As you can guess, we can tell we no longer have our children with us when we travel.

where did you get that sign, I have to get one  ;D

This is our second version - both were found in tourist knick knack shops.  One was made to look like a road sign, the other is a wood plaque.  Or just print one up on your puter.

I would recommend you check out a company called RECMAR Products.  www.recmar.com  They have a number of curtain track systems designed for RVs, and I have used them successfully several times.

Back
Top Bottom