Need expert sound system help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recently bought a new unused 2011 Brookstone 354TS and have a problem with the sound system.  My first problem is that the 2 outdoor speakers do not work.  The dealer where I bought the unit said the speakers were defective and sent new speakers.  I tested the old speakers on a working feed and they work.  I spent a half a day checking continuity on the sound system wiring.  There are two rocker switches in the cabinet by the entry door that seem to have no function, but the wires from the amp that feed left and right speakers go to the switches.  I disconnected all of the wires from the switches but to my amazement all speakers would still play except for the outdoor speakers.  Four pairs of wires are spliced together at the switches, but not connected to the switches.  Two spliced pairs are white (-) and two pairs are red with black stripe (-). A white with red stripe and a solid red wire are both (+) wires (for right and left speakers) and connected to the switches.  I am about resigned to pulling the trailer to the nearest Brookstone dealer about 70 miles from here but would rather fix it myself.  I am wondering if there is a place in the trailer where the main speaker feeds are spliced for other speakers where it could be miswired.  If anyone has knowledge about this particular model, I would appreciate suggestions.

Maybe check the fade control on the head unit? Might have the outdoor speakers on the rear channels and the interior speakers on the front channels. That would allow you to listen to either in or out or both.

Bill

I have a 354TS.

The black switches are for the speakers.  One for the speakers in the bedroom, the other for outside speakers.

X2 on eliminating the person who invented outdoor aggravation systems - there is nothing more annoying than being forced to listen to 'Dancing With Morons' being blasted through a campground by some enthusiast who forgot to put in his or her hearing aids that day.

I like my outdoor speakers. But there is a time and a place, and a acceptable volume. I have caught myself turning on the radio and listening inside, not realizing that he switch for the outside speakers was also on.....OOPS! Sorry about that.

there is nothing more annoying than being forced to listen to 'Dancing With Morons' being blasted through a campground by some enthusiast who forgot to put in his or her hearing aids that day.

Unless its reading RVForum messages from people who long ago forgot how enjoyable music can be and prefer everything fit into their vision of how they would have things. There is absolutely nothing wrong with listening to music in your campsite as long as you respect the people around you and do not interfere with their reasonable preference for peace and quiet and observe posted quiet times. Maybe we should ban from RV parks all of the diesel pushers I have to listen to entering and leaving the parks. They disturb me often but I realize I am in a "shared" environment and am willing to accept their needs and digressions, as they should accept mine.  Rant over.

Back
Top Bottom