Need Fleetwood towable trailer info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

My neighbor wants to buy a trailer to replace his 5th wheel.  The steps inside to the bedroom are too difficult for him.  He wants a trailer that's all on one level.  No steps.  He wants the longest towable trailer available and has decided that he'd like to look at Fleetwoods.  In this RV park, by the way, he has to have a mobile home and not a park model, so that's not an option.  He feels that Fleetwood is in his price range.  The Fleetwood RV website is miserable to navigate and wants everything but his mother's birth certificate to send out materials.  Additionally, it doesn't explain which products meet my neighbor's specifications, and my phone connection to the internet is too slow for me to wade through all their pictures to find what he wants.  It's the most cumbersome, least user-friendly site I've seen.  Even finding a dealer is ridiculous.  So, that said, are there any Fleetwood dealers around who'd mind sending this fellow brochures on the long towble trailers?  We are near Eugene OR, by the way.

Thanks.

--pat

Try using the Fleetwood Product Advisor, on their website at http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/advisor/.  Select "I know about RVs" and then specifiy what you want, e.g. TT or 5W, length, GVWR, etc. and it will supply the appropriate Fleetwood brands and models.

Your friend may be interested in the Terry Quantum or Prowler Regal brands, which are available in lengths up to around 39 feet and even have models with two queen beds.  Lots of choices.

May I also suggest the Holiday Rambler Presidential line of travel trailer - they have some very nice travel trailers in the 30-34 foot range. See www.holidayrambler.com/ and click Presidential TT.

I'll tell George about the Holiday Rambler line.  I got a 800 number from the fleetwoodrv.com site and called today to have materials sent to him.  The website was too slow and cumbersome for my cellphone at 14.4k.  You had to know the answers to ask your questions. 

Earnhardt?  Hmm.  I'll tell George.  I can stop in and pick up some materials if he hasn't purchased by October.  We're near Guaranty in Junction City, which I think may be the local dealer, but they want to sell what they have in stock rather than let George see the line.  I hope what Fleetwood sends will give him a selection.

And today George said he's interested in used, rather than paying new mobile home prices.  I didn't know that.  Makes for a very different shopping experience.  He has no internet access. 

--pat

Pat

Garanty also has a location here in Coburg - at the intersection of I-5 and Van Dyun. Personally, I wouldn't buy another RV from that company after my experience buying this coach.

BTW we'll be in JC tomorrow (Wed) afternoon, staying overnight and Davis Cabinets will be working on the coach Thursday.

EarnhardtRV, Mesa, AZ, prides itself on being the #1 Fleetwood dealer in the US so might have good used but he would have to look on their internet site.

Sorry to nitpick, but a "mobile home" is a different thing than an RV and if you are asking for information or brochures you should not say "mobile home" (aka "manufactured home") if you want a travel trailer.  It's not just sales-speak - they are legally different types of construction and different building codes (and local laws) apply to the different types.   

The fact that RVs are mobile and "mobile homes" generally are not is just an added bit of confusion!

Gary:  Actually, you're right on, because terminology and implied features is a key issue here.  George wants to live in the RV park, so he has to have an RV and not a mobile home.  There is a small mobile home park owned and managed by the same people, but the two available lots are not as appealing as the RV park. 

--pat

Well, a large travel trailer provides a lot of living room and your friend may be able to option it with a residential style refrigerator (like park models have).  For year around use, he should also opt for the best possible insulation and dual pane glass, which will save on heat and a/c costs as well as providing more comfort (more even temperatures throughout the interior).  The higher end models will also have much better quality furniture and cabinets, which will pay for themselves in the long run. 

Hope he finds what he desires. Good luck!

Gary:  My neighbor admittedly has one goal in life, which is to get something for nothing.  He loves suckering people.  Since I'm the opposite, needless to say, we get into some arguments.  He's pretty much tied to local dealers, because he needs the trailer delivered and the old 5th wheel towed away.  He plans to negotiate the price and then make a show of walking away from the deal if they don't throw in free delivery, setup, and, if he can get away with it, possessions transfer service.  Dealers are about 50 to 60 miles from here.

He's looking at a trailer that has some kind of loft over the bedroom.  He wants to store things; although, I'm not sure how he'll get at anything.  I wonder if he'll be losing a lot of heat up into the loft space.

--pat

Gary:  Correct that he has decided how to buy and my advice/help is superfluous.  He forgot he asked for some internet research. 

--pat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom