Need good advice for a future trip in the north-east, NH, VT, NY north

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Geo19ihq

Hello fellow boon-dockers, I am planing a trip in September and want to get off the road and into the woods and boon-dock for several days then move to the next spot and boon-dock for several days then when I need fresh water I will go to a campground for a day or two then repeat the above (see map). I like the forest free spots on State or Federal land as I have a Golden Age Pass.
I came up the east coast from Florida and visited several people now I will start in Bethel Maine and go west on Rt 2 into New Hampshire on the north side of the White Mountains past Gorham, Jefferson, to Lancaster. Then north on Rt 3 past Northumberland & Groveton (alternate route would be 102 on the Vermont side of the Connecticut river to North Stratford/Bloomfield then west on Rt 105 into Vermont. If you know of any good boon-docking spots in New Hampshire please tell me all about them, with directions.
In Vermont I will then continue west on Rt 105 past Island Pond, till I cross I-91 at Derby Center, then past Newport Center to North Troy just below the Canadian border, then on to Richford still on Rt 105 to Enosburg Falls where I will pick up Rt 78 that will take me to Swanton VT on Rt 78 and then over the water at Grand Isle where I pick up Rt 2 again and go west into New York State.
Anyone knowing of good boon-docking places on the route in Vermont please advise with directions.
In the very north of New York State I take Rt 2 west and pick up Rt 11 west past many small towns until I come to Rt 30 south at Malone NY going through the Adirondack Park Forest. I will go south on rt 30 past many small towns and cross Rt 3 then continue on Rt 30 south past Rt 28N and Rt 28 till I come to Rt 8 going west. I hope to spend many days and nights Boon-docking in the forest. Anyone knowing of good spots in the forest please advise with directions.
I will come out of the forest on Rt 8 at a Passport park in Cold Brook NY. Then after a rest I plan on going south on Rt 28 past I-90 & Rt 20 to pick up Rt 205 to Oneonta NY where I find another Passport Park. Then SW on I-88 to Bainbridge NY and on to Binghampton NY then south on I-81 into Pennsylvania where I will slowly make my way to Harrisburg PA going south to north Florida for the winter. Anyone knowing of good spots on that route please advise with directions.
As we all know the Passport America campgrounds do not discount Friday and Saturday nights so I camp for free sometimes on the side of the road or in a spot in a town like at Wally World. I will be moving south as the leaves lose their color and the weather gets cooler but there is a lot of time to kill as I don?t want to get to a winter spot until late December or early January. So anyone with good advice and knowledge of great free spots please tell me about them. This is leg one of my journey so I will be back for more help in the future.
If you read this long message thank you. Happy trails. Geo

Attachments

• North thru NH, VT, NY, small.jpg
    North thru NH, VT, NY, small.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 18
I have looked at freecampsites.net but after i read your message and went there i discovered the 'Trip Planner' it shows the free spots close to my route. Thanks I will use that a lot.  :D

www.boondockerswelcome.com is another source.  Campers pay a yearly subscription to access hosts in different areas with different capabilities.  We've found the subscription worthwhile and have used it successfully.

www.campendium.net also good.

Forest service web site useful

https://www.forestcamping.com/

COE campgrounds are also supposed to be very good but not the easiest to locate, suggest you Google this.

Good luck on your trip...

jackiemac said:
COE campgrounds are also supposed to be very good but not the easiest to locate, suggest you Google this.

Good luck on your trip...

I purchased this book on Amazon...

Attachments

• RVCampingInCOEParks.jpg
    RVCampingInCOEParks.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom