Need help finding floor model layout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skyyron

My partner and I were recently given a Bendix Citation camper. We do not know the year. Ive attached a photo for reference. Does anyone know where I can get info on it? It’s in pretty good condition. But especially knowing the year will help us know what campsites are possible for the future.

The closest I’ve seen is a 22-D and even that doesn’t match the layout. Our bathroom is slap in the middle, for reference

Attachments

• C4BD0AF0-1D37-4AF7-BB71-1D28B16F7C01.jpeg
    C4BD0AF0-1D37-4AF7-BB71-1D28B16F7C01.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 33447B3B-8AC3-477B-B324-0324A2BA1A67.jpeg
    33447B3B-8AC3-477B-B324-0324A2BA1A67.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 46CE3B6F-231A-4C88-BB34-06D9829AADDE.jpeg
    46CE3B6F-231A-4C88-BB34-06D9829AADDE.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 14
Do you want to know the year for a 10 year rule campground? That is definitely over 10 years old. The square appearance and the jalousie windows indicate it is considerably older than that.

General shape, front awning and jalousie windows remind me of the mid-70's TT from my childhood. Title or registration should have year noted

I sorta like those old campers with the front window that has the cover.

Good luck on the data search and good luck on the restoration. I hope you don't find anything too bad.

But especially knowing the year will help us know what campsites are possible for the future.
I don't see how that helps. If you are thinking of an upscale campground with an age restriction, the trailer is much older than that. 70's or early 80's, as others have said. Besides, if it cleans up well, nobody will care what the age is.

In any case, the year of manufacture will be on the vehicle title.

General shape, front awning and jalousie windows remind me of the mid-70's TT from my childhood. Title or registration should have year noted
We don’t have that unfortunately. We basically have to get it retegistered with new numbers and have it checked out. Not sure if I make sense

I sorta like those old campers with the front window that has the cover.

Good luck on the data search and good luck on the restoration. I hope you don't find anything too bad.
Thank you for the luck! We’ll need it. She does seem to be in GREAT shape though.

I did a quick web search for "Bendix Citation" and every entry I saw was 1970s vintage.
That’s exactly what we kept getting. I even went into the model website and the closest I found was a 22-D Bendix? Not too sure what that means though

I don't see how that helps. If you are thinking of an upscale campground with an age restriction, the trailer is much older than that. 70's or early 80's, as others have said. Besides, if it cleans up well, nobody will care what the age is.

We unfortunately don’t have the title or registration. Which is why the year is important for us. Our next steps(we JUST got to clean her out) is moving her so we can get a look under. But with the year, the campground rule is mostly necessary for winter living if we decided to winterize. We are currently in NY(where my partner is from) but we think we’d want to go down to GA(where I’m from) in the summer.

The person we were given the trailer from said that it’s at least 40 years old. It was given to her as well. Not sure if this helps or even response to your answer. But thank you still

The age will truly determine if we’d be able to travel how we’d want or if we’d have to be in specific locations.

Last edited:

9BF730B0-ED4B-4B2F-B086-7499CF4B4A46.pngThis is the closest model I see

My partner and I were recently given a Bendix Citation camper. We do not know the year. Ive attached a photo for reference. Does anyone know where I can get info on it? It’s in pretty good condition. But especially knowing the year will help us know what campsites are possible for the future.

The closest I’ve seen is a 22-D and even that doesn’t match the layout. Our bathroom is slap in the middle, for reference
These are inside picture references. The kitchen was across from the bathroom but was taken out.
Basically- You walk in, to the right is that couch, the you see the hall portion which has the bathroom on the right, and you see the bedroom in the back. Only ONE DOOR(I can’t find ANY of this model with one door specifically on the right side).

Attachments

• 66A3E3BB-5144-4E38-8024-55497150BA9E.jpeg
    66A3E3BB-5144-4E38-8024-55497150BA9E.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 93A3E7B4-707A-4EFF-9EF5-71A37B4C9B2D.jpeg
    93A3E7B4-707A-4EFF-9EF5-71A37B4C9B2D.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 7
  • EDA93AFB-50D6-4E8F-BFE7-D6F62CB215AB.jpeg
    EDA93AFB-50D6-4E8F-BFE7-D6F62CB215AB.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20347B91-D845-4968-BE2A-88F289BB1B86.jpeg
    20347B91-D845-4968-BE2A-88F289BB1B86.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 00E8ADBF-73C4-49B6-97A8-32050CB5B209.jpeg
    00E8ADBF-73C4-49B6-97A8-32050CB5B209.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 8
But with the year, the campground rule is mostly necessary for winter living if we decided to winterize. We are currently in NY(where my partner is from) but we think we’d want to go down to GA(where I’m from) in the summer.
Bad plan. Stay in NY in the summer and GA in the winter. Or even further south. Even newer RVs are terrible to heat & cool, so try to stay where the weather is most hospitable. But that's the topic for another thread.

Last edited:
What state will you re-title it in? Assuming that is even possible. Procedures vary a lot state by state, so depending on where you title it, you might end up with a "home made" or "salvage" or other specialty title. That may raise eyebrows at some campgrounds too. But if it ends up designated as home made or rebuilt, it probably also becomes "new", so the year would be 2022.

The Citation brand has been around since the 60's and quite possibly was owned by Bendix (itself a subsidiary of Allied) at one time. The photo and floorplan in your recent "Mound View' post is clearly a much newer model than your original photo.

Last edited:
What state will you re-title it in? Assuming that is even possible. Procedures vary a lot state by state, so depending on where you title it, you might end up with a "home made" or "salvage" or other specialty title. That may raise eyebrows at some campgrounds too. But if it ends up designated as home made or rebuilt, it probably also becomes "new", so the year would be 2022.

The Citation brand has been around since the 60's and quite possibly was owned by Bendix (itself a subsidiary of Allied) at one time. The photo and floorplan in your recent "Mound View' post is clearly a much newer model than your original photo.
Wow thank you for this information !
We plan to re-title in NY but from sounds we might want to in GA(if I understand your last post correctly).
It’s interesting if it’s from the 60s but do you always have to state what title your camper is designated as, or can you just give them your plates? Not sure if that’s even what you do sorry

Bad plan. Stay in NY in the summer and GA in the winter. Or even further south. Even newer RVs are terrible to heat & cool, so try to stay where the weather is most hospitable. But that's the topic for another thread.
So how would we decide which state? We live in Ny currently and that where my residency is although I’m from GA(been here more than five years). Can we even register to Ga? Also how do we address the title or registration as being “livable” or known as a live in trailer. Or is that what the title does? Sorry we’re very new to this. I think you for your timely responses!

It’s interesting if it’s from the 60s but do you always have to state what title your camper is designated as, or can you just give them your plates?
While it might be from the very late 60's I think it is most likely from the early to mid 70's but the jalousie windows went out of production models by the mid 70's. I found some pictures of a 68 Citation and it had that type window but the one in a 76 Citation brochur didn't have them.
So how would we decide which state?
The normal thing is to register any RV or other vehicle in the state where it is kept when not traveling. You must have an address in that state to put on the registration.
Also how do we address the title or registration as being “livable” or known as a live in trailer. Or is that what the title does?
In all of my years of RV travels, I have never been asked to show my title. The purpose of a title in most states is to enable you to prove ownership and so register and insure the RV. The requirements to register an older RV that that has not been registered in years and you have no title for is dependant on that state's laws and those vary quite widely. I suggest that you start by contacting the place that you register your car and ask them what you need to do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom